Sunday, November 6

Autumn Warmth

Finally. This was our first week of having cold weather. Well, Southwestern desert cold.

We celebrated by planning a meal that would require the oven being on for an extended period of time to warm up the house, lol. It was a decent new recipe: Beef Burgundy Stew. Not on our favorite's list like the "Stir-Fried Shrimp with Snow Peas and Red Bell Peppers in a Hot and Sour Sauce" from last week , but it was nice enough and smelled great.
 
And I've determined that I need to cut down on the gardening pictures! O_o I just don't want to deal with setting up some account to host more pictures right now. I did want to share that there are fruits ripening on the Bird's Eye Chillies and the Cherry Tomatoes! There colors are more and more beautiful each day and we've picked a few tomatoes for sweet side salads.

The jalapeƱos in the garden are really taking off, are nearly a foot tall now, and have even begun to bud! Actually the Bird's Eyes have started putting out more buds again too. I have no idea how they are going to mature and fruit before winter hits, but each plant is being stubborn in its own way.

Maybe the brisk and crisp air has jump-started my motivation, but I suddenly want to tackle a ton of projects. When I start planning a few of them out, I'm overwhelmed by trying to figure out how to balance my time out for it all. My mind is a ridiculous thing that is apparently a million times more ambitious than my body. My priority is definitely reconnecting with people, partially through my Christmas cards and gifts to make.

We have a pot of spaghetti sauce using the SO's maternal grandmother's recipe on the stove right now and it smells really good. Sigh, why do I constantly sound like a starving student? I need to get back to some knitting! I'll see you soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...