Wednesday, May 11

Never-ending Knitting

IT IS COMPLETE!


After what seems to be a million years later, I have finally completed my first knitting project!

Go figure that I choose a "simple sampler scarf" to try because it sounds harmless enough but then I realize each section is 50 stitches wide and 60 rows long. This is despite the fact that I even used smaller needles than the pattern recommended. Excuse me? The end product is roughly 10 inches wide and over 7 feet long. Not to mention the fact that scarves are so incredibly useful in the desert or swamp (the only two places I seem to be). :P I'm glad it's done and I'm proud of myself for sticking it out. Here are some close-up shots of the different sections:

Checkerboard and knit garter stitch.

Diagonal stripe. I find it more of a zigzag.

Stockinette stitch.
I looked like such a train wreck yesterday. I had changed into pajamas that I didn't care about getting gunk on because we had planned to work on the roof but ended up not deciding against it because of the gusting wind. Then, I also got my hands a Thirty-One Apple Blossom Apron thanks to my wonderful blog buddy, Jenn! That last statement actually contains three different links to her blog, the item, and the store. I can't wait to use it so I may have thrown it on over my pj's and then tossed on my knit scarf once I finally finished it. Oh yes, I am that put-together.

Mother's Day was kinda different in that I woke up early and made brunch (with some help) for the family so we could also work on the first coating for the roof and do more yard work. Toast, juices, made to order eggs, and bacon. Yum! 
Moral of that story is: It looks like our productive weekends are turning into some substantial spring cleaning and I find that very exciting! As much hard work that it's going to be, it will be so rewarding in the end. I have to keep telling myself that when I'm all scraped up and grungy. Lol. 

I'll see you soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...