Tuesday, May 17

Small Packages

That title almost sounds bad. XD

Rofl. I was previewing "Best Love Song" by T-Pain featuring Chris Brown and he just "sung" the line: "Look her in the eye" but I totally heard: "Lick her in the eye" and burst out laughing. It seemed even more random because I was using my headphones and had been completely quiet until then. :P

I have some minor sinus thing or really bad allergies according to the weather reports and my head has not let me be a happy camper the past couple of days. However, I'm in a pretty darn good mood today and am reminded that there's great beauty in the ordinary. Maybe it's the full moon that lit up the backyard last night, the space shuttle launch, or learning more about the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon. Simple things are often the most awe-inspiring. Learning or trying something new can lead to great pride and something that you see everyday can continue to bring you great joy.

Here are a few snapshots of what I've been up to the past couple of days:

 
A tower of kitties that are almost getting along.

"Mommy! Leave me alone- I'm napping! I don't care how cute I am!"

Buttering up the hilariously cute and tiny pan that FMIL got for her birthday.

Scrambling two cheesy eggs to have breakfast for dinner!

English muffins, cheesy scrambled eggs, and cheese! 
The perfect amount for me. Yum!

Now that I've learned how to knit,
I'm learning how to crochet!

Single crocheting.

Half-double crocheting.

 Double crocheting.

Triple crocheting.

Finally crocheting in the round!

I don't know what it is about going around that I struggle so much with.

 I'm also not quite sure which is the "right" or "wrong" side. XP

After sitting on the bed for the better part of the day, 
kitty discovered the clean laundry basket that we need to put away.

"Whaaat?Why are you bothering me? I'm comfy!"

Glam shot of one cozy cat. It's best when daddy's shirt is on top.

Pretty everyday stuff and yet I can't stop smiling for different reasons when I look at these pictures. Having this mini-revelation came just in time and was just the recharge that I've been seeking. I hope I have some interesting plans to share for Memorial Day weekend and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...