Wednesday, February 6

All The Food

The day started off with a slightly surprising discovery: my coffee tasted terrible. I could taste the fact that I hadn't bothered putting in any milk or cream this past week! It's the first time in a while that I could taste anything and I was so excited.

The sense of smell and taste are not quite there, but they are starting to come back and that really carried my spirits today. Last night was also the first night that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night hacking or sneezing violently. I've been doing some breathing treatments and it's been breaking up the gunk deep down in my lungs so it can finally leave my body in whatever way it pleases. I don't care, it just needs to be gone.

With my reclaimed senses, I started to eat everything in sight the moment that I got home from a long day at work. All in celebration.

I almost have enough energy to get going again. Mentally, I'm plotting and raring to go. Sometimes I make the mistake of trying to tackle something with gusto and then suddenly reminded by my knees giving out or the rush of light-headed-ness to just rest already. Fine.

The SO's birthday was this past Monday and we spent a quiet night at home but plan to go out to celebrate that and the Lunar New Year this weekend when I'm feeling better.

Chatted with my mom today and my family is recovering well. With each passing week, they are reaching little milestones back towards normalcy. Erm, as normal as it's going to get for the next year or so. Long-term health issues are scary.

In better news, I've finished with March 2012 and am perusing my photos and notes for April! Still maintaining excitement for Project Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...