Wednesday, April 6

Card Caddy

I'm sure that caddy isn't the proper word, but it has such a nice ring to it!

I was on a small organizing kick for the past few nights and ended up finally replenishing my card stash. This is going to be an image heavy post. : )

 I up-cycled one of my favorite tissue boxes and a cereal box for this card carrier.

Look at how full it's getting! ( I do have some envelopes and cards in progress tucked in the back.)

The same window-pane inspired layout in a few different ways.

 One of my favorite from that set because I enjoyed how well it coordinated.

 Inspired by the watercolor techniques from my workshop and the "Fun & Fast Notes" stamp set, I went a little nuts.

Different birthday combos.

Baby carriages and I love the Versamark watercolor backgrounds.

The first card has White Craft ink on it and I love the handkerchief-look. 

I used my now retired "Sprinkles" stamp set to add a bit of background.

Decoration was a great way to deplete my collection of scraps.

It's hard to tell with the flash, but the orange and yellow cards have a subtle watermark of flowers in the background.

I colored in the flowers using a blending pen, used punches for the squares, and the sentiment is "Get Well Wishes."

That is a Pear Pizazz green hedgehog. I had that much fun.

 I also made a set of cards using the "So Many Thanks" stamp and one sheet of striped 12x12 paper.

 It's an altered take on the One Sheet Wonder technique using strips and chunks to decorate several cards.

 
 Even changing up the positioning of the sentiment made for a refreshing take on each card.

Using the same idea as the last batch, I used one sheet of 12 x 12 polka dotted paper.

The stamp set is called " I {Heart} Hearts". How sweet is that?

Not only did I distress the edges, but I crumbled up the stamped image and inked it up some more. It was way too fun getting everything messy.

Again, using up scraps is one of the best side effects of using this technique for extra oomph.

I love using strips of paper as a quick and easy faux ribbon technique.

Each batch only took some time each night to make and was such a painless process. It was satisfying to throw pieces together with such ease and replenish my neglected stash. I'm still learning that I don't have to go crazy striving for perfection and making each card a masterpiece. At that rate, I never have enough and start neglecting writing and sending them out- which was the whole point in getting into card-making in the first place! I'm only kind of backwards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...