Sunday, July 3

Independence Day Eve

Because the holiday is actually tomorrow and on a Monday, most people are celebrating it now. With the fire hazard levels so high in the state now, we're banned from using most fireworks. Heck, fireworks as a whole have been mostly banned in both of the states I've lived in because of the recent droughts (Florida and Arizona).

It sucks, because it is a part of so many traditions, but I understand and greatly respect that. It makes little to no sense to show how much we love our country by setting it on fire and endangering the land, wildlife, and people that call it home just for kicks.

We had a family get-together for lunch with some yummy ribs. Thanks to, in part, the Barbequing book that I got the SO last Christmas. :P I didn't take pictures of that like I typically do, but did catch a couple of other moments from today that I'd like to share:



Oh, look. It seems that a pack rat has made a little shelter under the hood of the car and chewed up not only its bean stash, but the padding that is supposed to damper fires. Shade is shade, I suppose. We cleaned it out and didn't see the critter.




 

This is what we've seen around the houses and, while we can smell the moisture in the air, we're still crossing our fingers that it rains down on us again. The SO and I decided to do a little more by doing our modern and American version of a rain dance by getting a car wash on the way home. XD




I loved the tri-color foam. You can see my hot magenta belly and the fact that I was writing notes in the car in the second picture. Lol. Some habits die hard.

As a country and society, we still have a long way to go, but we have done so much in our young age. May we all celebrate the positive and the hard work put into bringing us where we are today in a safe but fun manner this weekend. <3

Now, to the inconsequential part of this post!
- - - - -

This is one of those forwarded notes that I picked up off of FB, so I'm removing the nonsense about tagging and passing it on. It's roughly 92 facts. I noticed that 23, 24, 27, 36, 57, and 89 were missing so I don't know who taught these people to type or count.


WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. Last Beverage: Natural Sierra Mist Soda
2. Last Phone Call: 24 Hr Emergency Vet Clinic
3. Last Text Message: From my brother about proof of residency
4. Last Song you listened to: Cover of "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls & Taylor Swift
5. Last Time you cried: I'm a crybaby. A few nights ago after a late night confessional conversation.

HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated Someone Twice: Yes, probably shouldn't have but it happened for a reason and strongly shaped me as a person.
7. Been Cheated On: Yes.
8. Kissed Someone & Regretted It: Yes. It was physically gross, in poor judgement, and a weakened state.
9. Lost Someone Special: Yes, a few.
10. Been Depressed: Clinically, yes.
11. Been Drunk and Threw Up: Once. Doing my best to not have it happen again. That's also what I get for not eating well enough ahead.

LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
12. Silver
13. Blues
14. Greens (Also, this wasn't a question).

LAST YEAR (2010), DID YOU:
15. Make A New Friend: Yes, mostly on this last trip to Texas.
16. Fallen Out of Love: No.
17. Laughed until you cried: Often. :)
18. Met someone who changed you: Plenty of people. Everyone comes into our lives for a reason.
19. Found out who your true friends were: Re-affirmed it with visits back to Florida.
20. Found out someone was talking about you: In a bad way? Nope.
21. Kissed anyone on your FB friend's list: Yes, I'm FB friends with my SO. Silly survey.

GENERAL:
22. How many people on your FB friends list do you know in real life? The majority.
25. Do you want to change your name: Yes. I had to in this past year to consistently prove my identity. Sigh. We remember hearing about that here.
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Went out to a Chinese Buffet with the SO and FMIL. The joys of daily blogging: I can look back and see what I did because my memory is terrible. Went to a Stampin' Up! workshop, failed to change a tire, broke a car lifting jack, and avoided the rain.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: Most likely crocheting a little square to add to my baby afghan.
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: Cooler temperatures or just air conditioning.
30. Last time you saw your Mother: First week of January. I've seen some pictures from Easter.
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: I would add a heavy consistent dose of courage.
32. What are you listening to right now: That video I linked earlier, the rotating floor fan, and the log-in screen music for WoW.
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: Yes, but I can't quite remember who because I'm sure it was a friend of a friend (of a friend).
34. What's getting on your nerves right now: The heat and poor selfish choices that people make that hinder their personal growth.
35. Most visited webpage: Probably Facebook because of the games I play. Followed closely by my Google Reader.
37. Nickname: Sak.
38. Relationship Status: Taken.
39. Zodiac sign: Leo. Rawr!
40. He or She: I'm a she.
41. Elementary: PC Elementary. It has a strong baseball theme.
42. Middle School: WCY Middle.
43. High School: CWF High.
44. Hair color: Dark brown, some would argue black.
45. Long or short?: Medium.
46. Height: 5' 2.5"
47. Do you have a crush on someone?: Nope!
48. What do you like about yourself?: My emotional strength.
49. Piercings: Ear lobes
50. Tattoos: No
51. Righty or lefty: Once a lefty, now a strong righty.

FIRSTS:
52. First surgery: I suppose stitches don't count, so cyst-removal from my right arm.
53. First piercing: My ears
54. First best friend: Kimberly W.
55. First sport you joined: ... None?
56. First vacation: Probably to upstate NY to visit family
58. First pair of trainers? If this is for potty training, I have no clue. I was a late bloomer for taking off my training wheels around... 8 years old?

RIGHT NOW:
59. Eating: It should be chocolate...
60. Drinking: It should be water.
61. I'm about to: Consult my To-Do list that I wrote in the car and grab some snackage and a drink.
62. Listening to: Haven't we covered this enough. It's on repeat.
63. Waiting for: Outside to cool down with the sun set, my trip to Florida, and so many other things.

YOUR FUTURE:
64. Want kids? Definitely.
65. Get Married? Even more definitely.
66. Career: At this point, teaching.

WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes: ... Lips. I stare at those more.
68. Hugs or kisses: Hugs can be gotten from everyone without feeling weird!
69. Shorter or taller: Taller. I have a hard enough time reaching for things on shelves.
70. Older or Younger: I prefer older.
71. Romantic or spontaneous: Romantic, a little goes a long way with me, even though both are nice.
72. Nice stomach or nice arms Abs are hard to achieve and maintain, I like arms.
73. Sensitive or loud: A balanced level of sensitivity.
74. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship. I'm a serial monogamist, but hook-ups can be fun and good learning experiences.
75. Trouble maker or hesitant: Trouble maker, lol. I hesitate enough for the two of us.

HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger: I've kissed people I didn't know all that well...
77. Drank hard liquor: Sigh, yes.
78. Lost glasses/contacts: Yep.
79. Sex on first date: No.
80. Broke someone's heart: Yes.
81. Had your own heart broken: Mhm.
82. Been arrested: Thankfully, no.
83. Turned someone down: Of course. Saying yes to everything I've been propositioned with would indicate that I didn't care enough about all parties involved.
84. Cried when someone died: Yes.
85. Fallen for a friend: Often. Too often.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself: More and more each day.
87. Miracles: Now that I've broadened my definition of one, yes.
88. Love at first sight: Not really, but lust for sure.
90. Santa Claus: Not even for an entire holiday season.
91. Kiss on the first date: Is fine if the chemistry is there.
92. Angels: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...