Thursday, July 28

Meek Peek

I feel like I had to tentatively peek around some corner to see what's going on in my own blog. I've been procrastinating/ avoiding posting an update here because I thought I would be overwhelmed. However, I realized this morning that if I kept that attitude up, it would be a giant mess eventually, lol. So let's get started!

I have been using the word: "terrible" way too much lately. I think I need a new adjective to abuse and right when I typed that, I mentally described by vocabulary situation as "tragic." I think I just found my new word. XD

I actually some sleep before my flight. Finished up taking care of the plants and animals before heading out. While the SO and I were saying goodbye before heading out, we realized that the family dog would not come to us. We round the the corner to find that she had grabbed one of the boy quails that had been gallivanting around the backyard earlier. Sadly, no matter what we did, she was determined to never let go of her prize, and finished it off before we left.

Flying went fairly smoothly. I was delayed at least a half an hour for all of my flights. I had run across the airport in Houston thinking that I only had a total of 15 minutes between getting off of one plane and the start of boarding for my connection. I make it there, completely out of breath, and find that it's was delayed for 30 min. *eye twitch* At least that gave me a chance to use the restroom and learn to breath again.

Tuesday night, my dad and my brother are there to pick up this hot mess and capture it on the family's new camcorder. Oh joy. Over the next few days, my brother and I have been running around the house cleaning and clearing everything, lol. The next two days, I was able to visit with a few friends and during that time, we tried to stalk and surprise another friend during a dress rehearsal for her show. It was a pretty fail idea from the start, but we had hoped to bribe our way in with fresh cookies. They were a hit. XD

My memory has been pretty hazy this whole week and I'm sure that it has something to do with the fact that I haven't slept much at all. Hm, I went to a new primary doctor... I was kicked out of two bedrooms and am now sleeping in the family room... my air mattress had a leak after the first night so now I'm on a leather couch... mosquitoes still suck... and Florida is still disgustingly humid! Lol. I can't remember the order of anything I've done without the help of my wonderful and very helpful little brother. He's taken a friend and I to three different comic-card-hobby shops around town and that was pretty fun.

I thought I had Monday-Wednesday to finish visiting with friends before all of the cousins arrived and we headed to Disney World. I was so wrong. One cousin was supposed to arrive at midnight on Monday-Tuesday. We finish getting everything around the house ready... and her flight was delayed for five hours. After booking a different flight out the next day, she and her family turned around and went back home. Then we realize that she's arriving at noon airport north of us at noon on Tuesday, while the rest of the cousins are arriving from Germany at one at a different airport the same distance south of us on the same day. Oh, yes. We also needed both cars for the second batch too.

My brother and I bring a family friend and our dog to pick up the first cousin, we arrive a few minutes earlier than her scheduled landing, and then find our her flight is delayed for 45 min. ... What? What has been with all of the raggedly traveling? Nothing too terrible at all but we kind of had somewhere else to be at that point, lol. Anyways, while my brother is waiting in the cell phone median with the dog in the car, us girls are inside doodling on a balloon we bought as a welcoming gift. XD It's came out pretty darn goofy. We head up to arrival gate and our friend is holding the balloon and hiding behind me (she's taller) and I'm trying to use the camcorder to record my cousin's arrival. Well, after several minutes, I decided to start the terrible footage over with a formal intro from our friend.

She has nothing to say and is all awkward like teenage girls often are and then starts giggling. I'm exasperated and confused so decide to turn the camera away and as I do, the lens gets a shot full of my cousin's eyeball and head. That confounded thing snuck up on me and I missed catching her arrival! The next five minutes were not of greetings but us arguing in between fits of hysterical laughter as I demanded that she walk back a couple of feet and we re-enacted the event for the camera. She, of course, as a teenager, refused. Kids these days. No respect! XD No vision of the future! We then booked it home to drop off said friend, meet up with our dad, and then flee to the other airport. We arrived 45 minutes after their plane landed, ran inside, turned on the camcorder to try to catch their arrival. After a few minutes of filming strangers arriving, we find out that we're in the wrong international arrival concourse. Not only that, ours is across the airport. O_o. So, we booked it on foot, with me trying to record the shaky view.

We finally arrive at the right terminal area and try to see if there were a group of our relatives huddled together looking lost, confused, and abandoned. Luckily, we found no such thing. Again, even though some of their fellow travelers had disembarked, ours had yet to make it through customs. I recorded a few more minutes of strangers and then managed to miss half of their arrival! ARGH! I am horrible at this! T_T. We took plenty of pictures and made awkward conversation while trekking back to the cars. We rested at the house for the rest of the night and settled in with a few tours.

Yesterday, I had an medical appointment that I was not looking forward to at all but it went extremely well. My mother started her vacation and we took all of the kids to our big tourist mall. We traversed through most of it and then headed to the Chinese buffet where my mom proceeded to stuff more food in their faces. There's a tradition with visiting, it seems, in our culture. It involves eating a lot and constantly. Lol. I've finally paced myself and braced myself for this phenomena and have been continuously feeding my soul for days now. So much food, homecooked and junky. :D My brains are so scrambled right now, lol.

In the evening, we all went to a local beach. Swam in the warm but rough waters for a little while, were abused by the salty waves, and then rented group bicycles to pedal together. It was exhausting but funny. We played music from our phones, danced while pedaling, took pictures in motion, tried to overtake one another (one seated three while the other seated six but they put the little on in the basket in the front.

There has been a mixture of Vietnamese, English, German, and Pantomiming and every combination of them over the past few days. It's been incredibly awkward and interesting, lol. Disney should be interesting.

My brother took the boys to the movies to compare cinemas today and they enjoyed Captain America and McDonalds. My mother took the girls shopping at our local mall and then lost them for a bit. XD I tried to rest up at home and have company over. The boys came home and were pumped up, so they went out on the man-made lake for a quick spin. I walked after them with two cameras and a camcorder to catch them in action. Not the easiest when you can potentially fall into a lake. : ) We'll be heading into the Everglades later to try to see a gator or catch some fish.

Oye. I no 'member good. I'll see you soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...