Thursday, March 3

One Year Blog-aversary!

Wow. It almost feels like I'm blogging incorrectly because I'm choosing not to number this post. Bah, now that I've typed it too, it's not driving me nuts. Wonderful. Lol. I'll figure something out.

Well, I can't believe I did it. It really does not feel like it has been an entire year of blogging every day. I do save my blog in pdf form, which is lovely because all of the pictures and links are preserved. The only thing that I have to work around is manually hunting down the links to videos and posting those in where the embed code is located in the live version of this blog.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure that I've made little to no progress in my life in the past year. At least, that is my feeling and I find that incredibly disappointing. It nearly feels like the first year that I have not taken a big step in my life. Is not taking a step qualifying as taking a step? Alright, I'm honestly so wiped right now my eyeballs feel like they are about to either dry up into sunless raisins or melt out of my head.

My idea to "celebrate" this achievement was to do a little summary by numbers. It won't be as in depth as I would like, but we're both just going to have to deal with and makes the best of the circumstances. I cannot wait until the weekend hits. Okay, maybe Sunday afternoon, but we'll get to that another time.

According to me (and my tags):

48% of my posts were mostly me ranting (173/365) 
I'm surprised that the numbers are that low.

35% of my posts mentioned some hair-brained project 
I was working on that day (128/365) 
I need to slow my roll.

31% of my posts have some sort of photo/ picture (114/365) 
I did not know that!

29% of the time, I was fixated/ obsessed with something (106/365) 
At least it wasn't 106 different things...

19.5% of my posts talked about some sort of crafting (71/365). 
That seems kind of low too but it's my most specific topic.

I discussed some sort of current event that 
was bigger than me in 63 of my posts. 
That's really surprising because I usually try 
not to talk too much about my opinions on such matters.

I gave thanks in 52 posts, 
which helps me work towards my personal goal of 
being more humble and grateful.

During 14% of my posts, I talked about our pets. 
I thought that number would have been much higher, lol.

I have 38 posts that have videos and 29 that discuss music, 
so there's significant overlap there.

I think when I get a chance to breath soon, I'll want to bunker down and do an further in depth analysis of things like the types of photos I posted and the kind of music I ended up sharing. : ) 

Thank you for stopping by and letting me share a bit of myself and my world with you. I hope that I've been able to either make you smile or make you think about something you may not necessarily have otherwise. Much love and gratitude to you all. 

It may be a little hard to break the habit of daily blogging now since I've gotten used to this consistent venue for venting, but I'm sure it'll feel liberating and terrifying at the same time. I'll most likely still post often just because I like to hear myself talk, but only when I definitely have some substance to contribute. :) 

Phew, this feels bittersweet but I think that's mostly because of the nonstop action going on in my life right now. Again, thank you so much for tuning in. Tomorrow's Friday- hooray! I'll probably see you then! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...