Monday, September 17

Feeling Happier

Today, I was in a better mood than I thought I would be.

Maybe it's a bit of the spirit of my former mentor that's bolstering me on through my grief. My heart aches to see the my friends and classmates mourn too.

Somehow, I was able to smile when I got to school today. Not a morning person by any means and I've been very worn down physically and mentally lately, so that was no small feat.

The next couple of weeks are going to be a bit insane at school. There was baseline testing, parent-teacher conferences, planning days, grading days, and fall break coming soon. It sounds like it should be a good thing for me to get a bit of a break, but I keep getting the feeling that I am going to stress the heck out over something. Maybe the holidays? Not sure yet.

I keep watching the VlogBrothers to stimulate my mind and spirit. That may have helped me get back into tackling my regular chores again without making excuses about how tired I am with the new work schedule.

I keep chanting about "Decreasing World Suck" while I'm doing things I'd rather not be doing or whenever I'm feeling discouraged. It's a small bit, but baby steps for now. Constantly have to keep reminding myself that there's no point in complaining about less than desirable circumstances if I'm not willing to do something to change it for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...