Friday, September 14

The Weekend

I am so happy that the weekend is here.

It means more time with my bed and I could not be happier.

It was also payday but that, unfortunately, did not mean anything to me this time around. Sigh. Having faith that this business will all be sorted out soon.

Did go to our monthly Ladies' Happy Hour at a restaurant I've actually been to before and knew that I'd enjoy. It was another more intimate gathering but yet so much fun. More new great people were met- actually we think we've met before briefly- but because we were able to fit at a single table, were able to get to know each other better.

We were all happy that it was Friday and that there was a mariachi band that played for us. Oh yes, this place makes their salsa fresh at the table to our tastes. We traded stories about work and dating and eventually got free drinks from the nice people who had been sitting at the table next to us when they realized that most of us were teachers and/or worked with really young children. I don't drink, but the gesture was super nice all the same.

This is supposed to be the time I set "aside" for my personal projects, but all that I really want to do now is sleep. A lot.

So, here's a picture I took recently of the reverse sunset we could see from the backyard. The monsoon season is ending and these clouds will soon be a thing of the past. At least, until winter rainy season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...