Thursday, January 19

Taxing

Not a terribly witty title by any stretch of the imagination. :P

I'm in the midst of trying to catch up on my homework so I can catch up on my sleep. I haven't fallen behind per say, but I'm not keeping up with the schedule that I set for myself in order to minimize my stress this weekend when I want to dedicate most of my energy towards making a special dinner that won't kill or severely maim all of the people we care about in the area. XD You know, the little things like that.

T_T I really am tired though. It seems that big changes are on the horizon and it could really be a good thing for everyone involved. We'll see.

Where was I? Oh yes. I've been mentioned oh-so-appetizing financial happenings. I've finished prepping what I could for filing my taxes once I get about two more forms in the mail. I didn't keep track of quite a few things. :( An example is the fact that I make little donations at the places that I shop the most and frequently. Haven't kept record of that.

In changing that since it's the beginning of the year, I'm starting to save up all of my receipts but I didn't necessarily want to show up with a shoebox of crumpled register tape, so I jumped at an idea that SO suggested- an accordion expandable file folder. Found one with 13 sections, have typed up and printed labels for the months, and organized into it what receipts I've already accumulated. I'm just terribly pleased with organization and colors no matter what the subject matter I guess.


I got the folder because it was the only one there that had  13 sections and not 6 or 7... that and I didn't want to risk putting this off. When I took a closer look inside, I was pleasantly surprised.

Riding this wave, I brushed off my Quicken and manually entered in my financial information from the middle of December. So not too far, but ugh. Of course, balancing out everything was a pain but it's done. Even entered in a few of my recurring payments. I should probably enter in my student loans though... >_> Eh, it's all a good habit to get back into. No matter how depressing the numbers are. Mhm, I'll just keep telling myself that.

Alright, need to get back to the grind, but I will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...