Tuesday, May 15

Doorstep

I promise to have more substance or a plan for these posts soon but we have a bit of a family-friend situation to handle today. Possibly over the next few days.

We ran some errands today and I was starting to bunker down with a few projects I've been asked to do during my stay here. Paused to take a trip to the store with my dad to learn more about getting me a new phone since my touch screen started to fail a few days before coming out here. I planned to be back in time to go visit with a fabulous friend but when we pulled into the driveway, we had guests camped out on our front doorstep.

I tried to still make that visit, we ended up just catching up and venting about recent happenings in our lives, but then my brother called. My folks wanted me to come home to help clear the room that I was staying in so our family-friends could stay with us for an undisclosed amount of time. Even though this hasn't happened before, I knew exactly what was up when my brother called, so my friend and I rushed home (I was only a ten minute drive away) and the three of us scooped up my stuff and stuck it in my brother's room or the office. I don't really care about staying on the office floor but it'd be nice to know what's going on because there's a fair amount of tension and awkwardness going on.

Still hoping that we can spend some time with my mother tomorrow on her one day off but I'm not so sure that we can now. Haven't had a chance to go through the pictures that I've taken lately, let alone prep them for blogging. I have manage to make a new Flat Stanley. He's a third the size as my original, sturdier, and not orange. Wins all around. I think I've caught up on most of my sleep too, thanks to my baby brother who spoils me rotten whenever I come back into town. Definitely a keeper. :D

Well, I'm off to see if I can find out what's going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...