Monday, May 21

Midnight Release

I'm not sure how I did it, but last night, I managed to screw up my back.

Yes, that thing behind where all of my organs and important stuff is kept. It hurt so badly that I was considering waking up someone in my family and heading to the ER. However, it didn't feel like radiating nerve pinching or like one of my organs had exploded, so I stuck it out. I couldn't sleep, kept trying to stretch our that muscle the best I could without tossing my cookies, and was generally miserable. Thankfully, the majority of the pain had subsided around 7am. At least, enough for me to get some sleep. I really wish I knew exactly what I did to make sure that it never happens again. That sucked.

This led today to be less productive but I started reading and watching tutorials on using my new software to edit the photos. I tried using a few straight from the camera in that family scrapbook but I could not stand it. I love how most of the pictures on this blog are turning out now that I hit a few buttons for quick edits. I have a feeling that this software does the same sort of thing. If I can get it to work. Baby steps, lol.

My brother and I took a quick trip to the store to pick up a few more supplies for our road trip  We also took a quick little field trip to the Everglades. It's about a 15 minute drive from my parents' house. We luckily snuck in between shifts of mosquitoes and rain, so that was great. Took a couple of pictures with Flat Stanley, mostly of peacocks that were all over this particular park. It's a place for boats to enter into the canals, they have alligator shows, camping grounds, and docks for people to fish off of.

However, my brother had one this on his mind today: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. He has reserved the Signature Edition of this game and wants to go to a midnight release at our local store. My folks were a bit dubious at first, but then I said I was going to go with him and nowadays, we have our gaming store right around the corner. If we wanted to, we could walk there easily. He has been waiting for this game to come out for two years now. Poor thing.

If you don't count the various expansion packs, this is the fourth installment in the series. Ubisoft mentioned that it was in development back in 2009 and it's been delayed quite a few times since. They don't often do that with games anymore, it used to happen all of the time. With the economy these days, if a game or even a development studio is taking that long to crank out, the parent company dismantles the project without warning. I'm surprised they stuck with this but I'm glad they did.

So, that's what we're doing tonight. I'm a little excited to go, I haven't done many, let alone in a while. Wonder how big the crowd is going to be at our store. We've gotten a few calls from them the past few days to remind us (not that my brother needed it), then was told to call at 4pm today to find out if/ when they would assign ticket numbers for the midnight release, and we're going to get that ticket number at 10pm. Hanging out at a gaming store for 4.5 hours can be really fun or really boring, it depends on the store and the crowd. I'll be ready to bunker down for sure! Will let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...