Tuesday, November 6

Counting Down

Is it safe to come out yet?

Needless to say, it's a big election day around here.

There have been many pleas to vote and much boasting about our accomplishments, but what I've noticed the most has been the name-calling. The campaigns have only gotten nastier and with tragedies falling so close to these events in the past few years, it's as if the universe is telling us to cut it out and remember that we're all apart of the same species and citizens of our world.

I do my best to keep my mouth shut unless encouraging open discourse or good-natured lightheartedness during this time. I have my own thoughts that I discuss with those who are close enough to me that I know we can still care about each other despite the differences.

I'm glad that, as the results come in, the internet becomes a funnier place again. Because if you're not laughing, you're crying.

There is no pleasing everyone and it seems there will never be a "right" answer. It's all a delicate balancing act.

Day 6: I am grateful for open discourse and when humans treat others like we're a part of the same compassionate species. Keeping a close eye and hitting the refresh button. Hang in there America & to the rest of the world, please be patient with us during these growing pains.

It's not that I don't believe in the massive weight of all of this, but I'd rather not add to tearing us apart because that's not the point of these elections. We're blessed enough to have these choices. 

Here's a cover of how I have been otherwise feeling (more nervous than I thought I'd be):

Alex Goot feat. Against the Current covering Kelly Clarkson's "Catch My Breath"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...