Wednesday, November 28

DFTBA

Day 28: I am grateful for Nerdfighteria and the creation of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a modern adaption of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I loved the book as a kid and I love these vlogs now. It's great to find a community that embraces the quirky, bright, and kind.
I know I've written about the Vlogbrothers and Nerdfighteria before, but I've been rewatching the videos from this playlist today and it has brought such a smile to my face.


I woke up in the middle of the night because a quiche did not agree with me at all. I was miserable and the SO came to help me and found me on the floor trying to get to some crackers without making a mess of the kitchen. Needless to say, I'm very grateful to have someone who's willing to take care of me when I'm very pathetic and hurt. He knows I'd do the same and have.

I was determined not to call out sick today and all I wanted to do was do whatever was necessary so I could just go back to sleep. My supervising teacher was out today and I didn't quite realize that was going to happen until yesterday afternoon. I had no idea what the lesson plan was and neither of us knew who the substitute was going to be. I dreaded today so much and kept praying but it went really well, all things considered. We had the very best sub who has been a staple at our school for years and many of our wild kids did pretty well. It was also a short day being Wednesday.

I had half planned to stay a few extra hours to volunteer today but after my mini ordeal last night, I just wanted to rest at home. So, I walked home using my newer route. My mom actually ended up keeping me company via phone call this time but I had planned out a playlist to listen to so I wouldn't run the risk of my phone dying out on me again.

I'm actually getting a little excited about walking home. It takes me about an hour but time really flew by this time around. I felt that I was dragging my feet a bit and not taking huge strides but then I remembered that a few hours ago, I wanted to rip out my insides. Or they wanted to be ripped out of me. So, I figure that cuts me some slack. I might even walk home again tomorrow! It depends on how much energy I have.

I'm still lining up creative projects working with others and I'm super excited but am reigning in my enthusiasm just a bit because none of them have actually come to fruition yet. On the brighter side, the final pieces of my main Christmas gift shopping has been completed as of today! My brother's and FMIL's gifts came in the mail today and I'm excited. I have a lot of gifts to wrap and packages to assemble this weekend. Alright, got to go before this loses all semblance of cohesion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...