Sunday, December 23

Eve Of The Eve

It's the night before the night before Christmas. I still feel quite humbuggy. I guess that's just how it's going to be this year.

Thinking that I can do a "haul" post of sorts after the big day. I've opened most of my gifts already because I'm impatient, a bunch of them were from the kids that insisted I open them right then and there, and the rest so far were not wrapped and just given to me. I honestly don't expect anything more and that's fine with me because I'd rather give than receive. Which is pretty difficult when you're on a tight budget.

The SO and I are going to spend some quality time together with no complaining allowed as our main gifts to each other. I do have some little things that I've saved up to give him for the past few months and now would be as good a time as any to give them.

We were window shopping, something he rarely ever wants to do and I found a game that I've been searching for for years! Online it often retails between $85-90 and I found it for a fraction of the price! We agreed to snag it and I immediately called my brother and one of my closet friends who introduced me to the game. My voicemail was something along the lines of: "We're not having a baby, not getting married, and I'm not coming back for Christmas BUT I still have the next best news! I found ___!" They share my excitement, I swear. Plus, I hope she gets a kick out of listening to that message.

Still feeling cruddy but my cough is in full force! Yummy. Thankfully, I have had the sweetest new cuddle buddy in our kitty these past few days. I'm not sure why we've bonded so heavily, but it makes me incredibly happy.

I've been promising a few photos about the recent happenings, so here they are:

 The giraffe cupcake cake that I helped my SIL make thanks to this for inspiration.
 "Snow-raffe" is packed up for traveling.
 The cubist version of a giraffe face.
The tops to more giraffe-themed cupcakes thanks to this inspiration.

 
Added Styrofoam block covered in wax paper for a drying rack to the cake pop process.
 Still my favorite sprinkles for the job. Maybe I'll try a few decorating technique next year.
Managed to make way too many dough balls, so I ran out of baggies and sticks. Simple truffle it was!

White Christmas tree for the White Elephant game. I initially picked an animated Redneck Outhouse toy and ended up with a pretty vanilla candle somehow.

 Peanut butter blossoms from the family treat-making night.
 The wreath cookies which are pretty much crispy rice treats.
Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cakes, the recipes that FMIL has are pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...