Sunday, August 8

159. Amassing Armies

*Cue diabolical laughter.* MWAHAHAHA!

I have gone absolutely nuts with messing with my polymer clay. /giggle uncontrollably. I really hope that my recently acquired toaster oven bakes them well. I was only supposed to make a few test pieces and got carried away. I can't wait to show you all! Alas, I don't have all the pieces to finish them still. I will take before and after pics for sure because they may be burned beyond recognition later, lol.

I've made a gift for a friend, something desert-themed, one WoW-related item that was on my bucket list to do- plus an accessory for it, a little bead made from the leftover colors from the aforementioned piece, a cute itty-bitty landscape, and then my oh-so-cute army!

Remember that I mentioned I got an idea (more or less) from the SO at the end of yesterday's post? Well, I tried to take that idea and run with it! I made an emo one, a tiger one, a robot one, and then figured I should have a normal one in there somewhere. After that I decided to make a pirate one, a ninja one, an alien-looking one (unfortunately, he looks more like a caterpillar or a lima bean with growths), and then a girly one with hearts. I kind of ran out of ideas after that. Any suggestions? Who knows? Maybe I'll make two of the suggestions I really like and can figure out how to make and mail you one! I do stuff like that. :D They are really freaking cute. And tiny. I can't wait to show you pictures! I'm so proud of them. I really hope that they stay together and don't burn. I'm kind of bad at planning for those sorts of things.

I guess that's one of the pretty weird things about me. Some things like a trip, I want to plan to the minute. Not that it has to by any means, but if we run into problems, we have that to fall back on so we don't really have to think about it in the moment. For crafting especially, I wing it 98% of the time. Sure, I do a mad amount of research and idea-absorbing, but designing my own stuff? I totally make it up as I go. Many times the more realistic or outrageous stuff doesn't turn out the way I had it in my head, but I usually expect that because I know the limits of my skills. However, since I am aware of this, I can plan accordingly and turn out really cute stuff that I love because it's exactly what I wanted. ... I think that made sense.

Um... only 1 out of the 11 critters I've made in the past two days have the eyeballs that they should have. It's kind of weird. XD And I really love tiny things. I find doll miniatures that ppl create out of polymer clay to be fascinating. Hmm, people*. Some of them are amazingly realistic, it is so mind-blowing.

I see this stuff on Etsy and Craftster. I don't think I've mentioned the latter before and I want to smack myself for holding back such a fantastic and amazing resource! Just in case you weren't around for my first month and a half of posts where I constantly mentioned it (lol): Etsy is like an eBay for handmade goods, craft supplies, and vintage wares. Craftster is "a community for crafts and DIY projects with free craft ideas, inspiration, advice, and more." I could not have said it better myself. The pictures, tutorials, and swaps are phenomenal there. I don't visit nearly as often as I should because I don't think I'd would do any work in my life. I would just craft and sit there and try to learn how to do everything. Even if you don't think you're particularly handy or crafty, check it out. You'd be surprised at how easy a lot of projects are and how innovative one can be with the right ideas!

I learned a lot about polymer clay from there. Needle-felting is another type of crafting that I had never heard about before wandering the forums and galleries. You pretty much stab at wool with a needle to sculpt whatever you want. The more you poke, the more the fibers spread and yet cling to each other. I definitely will try it one day when I get a chance to pick up a new craft! Since, I'm on the subject, I might as well plug my favorite needle-felting shop. Keep in mind that I don't know her personally, I just saw her work and fell in love!

Her Etsy shop of needle-felted birdies is: Feltmeup Designs!
She even has sections of birds that are inspired by wild birds. My absolutely favorite are the owls because I adore owls!

There's a sub-store of creepy monsters too! It's called Feltanomicon.

And of course, I follow her blog right here on Blogger! Check out Feltmeup Designs: The Blog!

She has really inspired me to try this art form one day. <3

Whoops! I just had an idea for my next little sculpture so... >_> ... <_< I'm going to run off and do that right  now. XD See you tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...