Thursday, August 12

163. Ready-Set-Done!

What-what-what? I started planning out this year's winter holiday cards last night and before I knew it, I was working on them. Yes, I did get some sleep, but within 24 hours, my cards are more or less done!

Holy cow, how did that happen?

They are as done as I'm going to have them for... oh man, a couple of months! Wow. I would fully assemble the card with the base to the sentiment, but with how I've designed it, that would interfere with the note-writing I plan to do late November. So, once those are all written out (which, at this rate, is probably going to take the longest!), I'll fully assemble the cards and mail them out earlier than ever! All the more time to enjoy then during the holiday season, aye? I'm in such awe. I keep flipping through them all and I'm amazed at how quickly the process went. I am so pleased with how they turned out. A total of 59 cards because I messed up one beyond repair.

I also learned something pretty darn important today. Okay, two somethings and one isn't as important as the other. First of all, I am really bad at stamping. Rofl. No matter how hard I tried to do different things to improve it, I just think I'm naturally bad at it. My cards definitely have that handmade look :P, but I still love them anyways and I hope my loved ones do too!

How on Earth did I manage to crank out that many cards in so little time?! Did my design and prior planning actually cause it to go that smoothly? Wow. Just wow.

It also gave me a lot of confidence about making and selling sets of cards. What do you guys think? Definitely something to keep in mind. :D On that note, I want to give a little shout out to my wonderful SU demonstrator for giving me advice and support. And an even bigger thank you for my birthday present! I love it and really appreciate it. Thank you, Kim!

There has been a lot going on behind the scenes dealing with the messier more stressful part of life. It hasn't made me very happy. Actually, it's been borderline upsetting but it'll all work out in the end somehow and taking all of these steps now will make life better down the road. I have to keep reminding myself of this. I'm nervous about starting up classes again on Monday and I'm exploring a couple of options in terms of teaching. Classes for many kids starts next Monday too! Ahh! It's like treading muddy water. All the weariness and overwhelming feelings of treading water but with less clarity and a significant more resistance. I think it adds to the panic, but again, a way shall be found.

Thank you everyone for the continued support and encouragement in all that I do/ try to do. It means the world to me and you know I gladly give it back anytime and always. <3 See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...