Friday, August 20

171. That's The Time?

It was only a half past ten and I seriously felt as if it was already past 1 o'clock in the morning. That's when you know you're either old, really tired, or both.

Looking through my camera, I realized that I forgot to mention the beef rigatoni casserole dish that FMIL and I whipped up yesterday. The recipe was for 6 servings in a 8x8 baking dish, but we may have doubled the length and used penne instead of rigatoni and sharp cheddar instead of mozzarella. :P So, pretty much did whatever we wanted to make a pasta dish with cheese and a meat sauce. :D It was pretty yummy regardless. Here are some pictures before we each devoured our scoops. Go figure after all of that and making some salad and mixed vegetables we only each had one helping.


Mmm... I liked it. Didn't love it, but liked it. Would eat more and maybe make it again in the future. I tidied up a bit more before the SO came to pick me up to go hunting for a DIY home decor project. We wanted to make a curtain for his room because the morning light is blinding and it's the hottest room in the house. So, I did a bit of research on different types of curtains, diff methods of making them, various types of fabric combinations, and numerous ways of determining how much fabric you actually need in order to complete the ordeal.

Ace Hardware stores are simply amazing. They have such a vast selection and I have never been able to find a single thing to complain about in terms of service there. Extremely helpful people that seem to have a radar tuned into the moment you get that confused look on your face or start to panic from being overwhelmed. We got a wooden rod and drywall screws and I finally made a copy of the house key. The key has a picture of blue lightning on it. :D

The SO learned that Kohls is like Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall stores today. We then went to JoAnn fabrics where we poured over the discounted options for a blackout liner and fabric that we could bear. Eventually we flipped through one of their books to figure out a solid way of determining how many yards we would need to cover the wide window. Good stuff! So much math involved, lol, but I actually managed to do a good deal of it mentally and accurately! So proud of myself. XD

We've installed the rod and will work on digging out the sewing machine later this weekend because that's a project into and upon itself. Lunch was had at Yokohama Rice Bowl which was yummy. During the hotter part of the day we relaxed and watched "Man, Woman, Wild" and "Dual Survival" on the Discovery Channel (which is one of the best things ever!). I also was crafting during this time on my Cricut, prepping cute embellishment for the cards I plan to make since my stash is almost pathetically low.

Here is the mess I made:


It's really not nearly as bad as it could have been. Actually, that's kind of scary to think about, lol.


Some of the die cuts that I was working with. It looks like some commercial about spaying and neutering your pets and adopting from your local shelter. :D So much cute.

That's all from me today. Hopefully, we can really get to work on the curtains tomorrow! See you then! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...