Saturday, August 28

179. Party Time

Today was a little bit of a long or rather jam-packed day for me. I was still feeling pretty chipper until about half an hour ago. :( So, I'm actually going to make this quite a bit shorter than I ideally wanted it to be.

My phone alarm has been so weird lately. It keeps starting to go off 23-25 minutes earlier than the alarm set. Then, as if it realizes its grave mistake, will cut itself off audibly. The regular alarm always ends up going off at the appropriate time later on, if I hadn't gotten frustrated and just turned it off when it first began to. Prepped all of my supplies for the day since I didn't know if/ when I would make it back to the house. I really thought I was more awake than I apparently was. I forgot my to-do list on the table, my pajamas in the bathroom (and that's usually the one thing I tend to remember when I'm groggy), and brought a bag of my mini album supplies for no apparent reason. I have no idea. Lol. I know I'm not a morning person but what on earth was I thinking/ doing??

Got all dressed up and finished up a birthday card, wrapped a present, and then headed out with the FMIL to another SU workshop hosted by a co-worker. The time was set so that we could eat a nice homemade lunch half an hour before starting. I have to say, it was pretty darn amazing. Fresh and sweet fruit assortment, rice crackers and smoked cheddar, white cheddar, and brie cheeses, home baked chocolate chip and raisin cookies, and two main dishes. I have no idea what they are called but I have to learn how to make them! They were huge (there was more than enough for seven ladies), wrapped in flaky and buttery croissant crusts, and one was full of taco meat and cheese while the other was a chicken bake (chicken, bacon, cheese, and a tiny bit of mayonnaise). So good!! I think I may have devoured faster than thinking about taking a picture... It was another fun workshop in which we made a cute little Halloween-themed box to put our candy into and a sweet little Christmas card. The new mini catalog goes live on September 1st, so we're getting into the holiday spirit. I'll add pictures of the projects soon.

Then, it was back to the house to reconvene with more of the family to get ready for the next event. We got ready a lot faster than expected, lol. This was really funny because it was a surprise 60th birthday party for a family friend! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) She was supposed to get to her son's house at 4:30 and while she was touring the property, we were supposed to all make it there and sneak in at 5:00. We totally thought she would have seen a ton of people walking in, but she didn't! We didn't realize that the screens blocked views from outside, lol. So, we were trying to hide behind the bricks. XD Of course, the one thing I learned/ reaffirmed is that the older you get, the more you're really bad as whispering and keeping your voices down. Rofl. Because although there was virtually no way of her seeing us, there was definitely a way for her to hear us with the house under renovation and lacking any sort of sound absorbing surface. Oh, that and the front door being opened all the time to let more people in, so our voices very well could have carried out and over the house into the backyard where the birthday lady was wandering about.

But it worked out, she was totally surprised and we had a lovely time. Tons of introductions throughout the evening, hanging out and around the house, music/ tv everywhere, and food! Lol. I was so spoiled today. It was catered with turkey, ham, and roast beef sandwiches that you could add your own veggies and such to, chips, cookies, potato salad, pasta salad, and, of course, cake! The cake was big and lovely and had a picture of her with one of her horses back when she was nineteen! Such a wonderful idea. And it was friggin' good cake too! Chocolate with creamy chocolate icing inside while the outside was the typical buttercream icing. Ugh! So good. XD

To top it all off, a wonderful monsoon all day long and all around us. It's about time! So the temperature is absolutely breath-taking and a ton of the awful humidity is gone! We even got quite the light show near the mountains. Pretty darn good day.

Sorry for lack of photos, I'm just not up to dealing with that right now. I'm trying to relax and get some more work done on the paper bag mini. Is it really work when you love every nanosecond of it? :P Thank you for tuning in and see you tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...