Wednesday, August 11

162. Christmas In July

I am vaguely aware that it is neither Christmas nor July. Vaguely. I think a few days ago I mentioned that my birthday was 9 days away. I'm now pretty sure that by 9, I really meant 6. But... who's counting, right? XD

I did however, receive my SU Holiday Mini Catalog in the mail as well as my supplies for my Holiday cards. There are a few really cute things in there that I think I might want to snag. The first day that customers can start placing orders for it is Sept. 1st. Fortunately for me, it'll all be available for a few months so that gives me time to figure things out. Lol. I may have gotten too excited and started planning out my winter cards... Simplistic my butt. Nothing seems simplistic when you have to make 50-60 of 'em. Maybe rice or noodles.I'm already struggling in my head about what to write on everything. I really don't like repeating myself. Only if it's all truly super sincere. Rawr rawr rawr. :( Trying to figure out the most logical assembly line procedures is also frying my brain.

I totally just walked away in the middle of typing a sentence to go lay down and almost passed out. I am extra pathetic when it comes to dealing with heat. My room has been pretty close to the equivalent of a sauna, even compared to the rest of the house. The coolest it got in my room for the first half of the day was something around 80 degrees. It makes me sad. I'm not quite sure what about the heat just drains my energy. I'm sure I heard about it in one of my science/ health classes through the years, but who knows? Ha ha.

The SO and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant today because he has been having a craving for it. Go figure I spend most of my life running away from it, but now crave it too but for homesickness sake. So we drove downtown to grab some and chatted about the possible visit to South Florida together this winter. It was fun and nice to daydream. : )

I am having a ton of fun playing with my new toys such as trying out a different personal paper cutter, figuring out the best way to emboss, figuring out new ways to use my border punches, and making sure everything really stays with my red tape. Such a fan of that tape! Sigh. Not a huge fan of the stamp scrubber I got from the craft store though. It does not measure up at all to the one that SU offers. I'm irked at it and trying my best to make it work because it's here. Lol. I shall take a picture of it soon so we can pick it apart together.

I'm still pleased as punch about the clay that I've been making. I haven't made anymore because I was getting myself into the mindset for card-plotting. I really need to replenish my stash. having pre-made cards on hand has been so great.

Speaking of stuff like that (>_>), I've already started getting birthday wishes. It's kinda cool. :D The SO and FMIL are all worried that they're going to miss it, so every time it's mentioned, they double check that it isn't the current day, lol. I appreciate the thought and effort. I don't become totally butt-hurt if people forget, especially since I usually don't mentioned it until the day before or of... Lol. Not because I'm testing anyone, I just... don't feel like making it a big deal often. Part of me thinks I'm doing that because if you set your expectations low, you can't be disappointed. /shrug. Oh well, people know this year. Lol. Another fun thing is that my mom's birthday is the day before mine. :D I usually have to remind her about her's! Maybe that's where I get the semi-nonchalance from... XD

Ahh! A bug just flew on my hand as I was leaning on it to think. Concentration = fail. Sigh, I that lovely note, I'll see you tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...