Sunday, August 1

152. Buffets

Okay, today's post is not as wonderfully gluttonous as it sounds but it's pretty close for me, imo.

I, um, actually don't remember much of this morning. I got up really early with everyone else for no apparent reason and we were all deliriously tired. The first thing I can somewhat clearly recall was about an hour before attending an SU meeting. We were trying to pass the time and then almost lost track of it, lol. Headed on over to our demonstrator's for our first card swap(!), snacks, and oogling all sorts of goodies from this year's SU convention!

Our lovely demonstrator went and traded a ton of cards! It was really great to see all the different styles, color schemes, layouts, and ways to use the same types of products. I went a little nerdy and tried to test myself to remember which stamps belonged to which sets, what the names of the colors were, and the techniques used to create the cards. Yes, I had one of those moments. Lol. I did... mediocre.


This was my card swap. Pretty darn simple, like I mentioned the other day, but I still liked it. Given the fact that I only have one color cardstock, ribbon, and ink spot from SU, I think I did pretty well. And just to get a little nerdy again, here's my "recipe":

Bermuda Bay Cardstock (4 1/4 x 5 1/2") (retired)
Raspberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper (retired & borrowed)
Bermuda Bay Polka-dot Grossgrain Ribbon (retired)
Retro Remix Stamp Around Wheel and Handle
Not Quite Navy Stampin' Ink Spot
1 1/4" Square Punch
1 3/8" Square Punch
Stampin' Up Dimensionals
 SNAIL Adhesive
& a non-SU off-white cardstock

:D Sounds intense, aye? 


That's a snapshot of the first itty-bitty corner of the table chock full of card swaps and 3-D projects. Super fun! We had quite the blast and I had the carrot on a stick waved in front of my nose again. :P I'm being strongly enticed and encouraged to become a demonstrator myself. I really love the idea, I really do. I just need to get my life on track first. And then I can treat myself to work that's actually nothing but fun in between drudging through work that really isn't, lol. One day... *shakes fist* XD Until then, I can always torture myself, absorb all the info I can, and perfect my craft. ... *snorts* Perfect. Riiight. Mmk, I may be a tad delirious again. 

Afterwards, FMIL and I oogled over our goodies, the prospect of me getting into the business (more torture!), and contemplated our future hauls. With that, we took a trip to Michaels. *head-desk* I know. Me = bad influence. The good new is that I got stuff for this year's winter holiday cards. Well, only for that. I hope to send a lot more out this year but am doing my best to plan ahead to streamline the process. The part that takes me the longest (since SU took out the work of coordinating papers- one of the things they do best!) is to decide upon a layout that I like enough to do a million times. I know the paper, stamps, ink, and embellishment I'm going to use. Just have to figure out which way I want to mash them all together. XP Maybe I'll start on them during the next month so I'll be done in time to mall them out before the last week of December. What a thought! 

Right after our little trip, we headed on over to the new house for some promised grub! Said grub was not ready. Specific grub hadn't even been decided upon at that point, rofl. It turned out to be a great night of "Hors d'œuvres"!


This is while it was near it's final preparation stages. Let me see if I can remember everything to make you drool. Grilled mushrooms, avocados, green onions, mild jalapeños, some... herb XD, shrimp and cocktail sauce, tortilla chips and salsa, elk sausage, buffalo sausage, three different kinds of cheeses, baby carrots, strawberries, green grapes, Triskets crackers, green olives, bread and this special bread spread that had all sorts of veggies and seasonings. There may have been one or two more things. Oh, did I mentioned that we finished it all off with gourmet chocolate lovers cheesecake? Yep, we went there. It was crazy, it was finger food, and I had a blast! 

FFIL had just returned from a rigorous four day ritual called the Sun Dance. He had not eaten or had anything to drink in four full days while performing a spiritual dance. The dancers are also pierced in the chest and attached to a pole. We didn't get to go this year, but I think we'll be there for his final dance next summer! I would love to give more support. He did eat after but tonight's dinner was a result of a hungry man's rampage in the grocery store. Lol. He deserves it! 

Today was pretty satisfying with the feast laid out for my eyes and happy tummy! I can't wait to show you what I'm hoping to make soon! I just am psyched up about creating and am determined to allot a little bit of time each week to fulfill that urge- as long as I get my grown-up stuff done! Lol, I sound like I have homework and want to play outside. Mmm... outside is still gorgeous and cool. I love it! 

Lol, see you tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...