Wednesday, March 21

One Expensive Sandwich

This actually has little to nothing to do with food. Unfortunately, lol.

Today was a bit of a back-and-forth between pretty good and sorta good. By the end of the day, 1) I thought I'd write this before I become deliriously tired and 2) Guess that today was not really bad but I still have mixed feelings about it... like a good sandwich with questionable innards.

I finally got my homework done to finish up my taxes. I had to be more of my own accountant and crunch some specific numbers. I have to say that the final product hurt quite a bit. It helped me quickly reach a big decision for myself this year. More on that later but I've gotten the ball rolling already. It was a relief to be done with the nervousness though, so it was good in a not-so-great kind of way.

Something good that happened to be with no strings attached was that three of the free seed catalogs that I ordered a little while ago have finally arrived at the same time! I have been hounding the mailbox for the past few days and had begun to lose hope of this little gift when it finally came! I'm a sucker for snail mail and especially free catalogs. Its like collecting the items and information about them without the bulk or hours of elbow grease. I'm a weirdo, I know.

There is one from Gurneys with great information and tips about the plants, Burpee that I already have some seeds from, and from Cook's Garden that works with the prior company but with a more flavorful theme. I have been fascinated with browsing through them today.

Care package has been sent out and the last big thing that I've done today was finally book my flight to visit Florida in May! I have two friends getting married (to each other), so I am turning the trip to the wedding into an extended stay. Even though that should be great, the hit to my bank account was tough to take on top of the tax situation. At least I know that my folks will help out with the tickets. The fun-money (I don't know what else to call it) will be up to me. Already starting to feel a bit anxious about making sure my business is all taken care here before I leave for nearly three weeks! I wonder if the garden is going to go absolutely crazy like it did last time I left? That was insane and I couldn't be more grateful that my SO took care of them. He has a soft spot for the one crazy obsession/ hobby I have that is actually practical, lol. We're like two peas in a pod, just on opposite ends. Alright, my sanity has to be leaving with statements like that. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...