Thursday, October 11

My Plans vs. Your Plans

Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out at all, but I guess the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :P

However, regardless of how this mild cold makes me feel so tired, I wanted to share some great news today! My hours at work have been doubled. Saying it like that makes it sound like a whole lot, but mind you, I've only been paid for maybe a fifth of the time I spend there working on something for someone.

My friends are too kind and their nice words (they literally sang my praises at one point, it was hilarious) mean so much to me. It renews my determination to work my butt off.

The increased time means increased pressure in my mind about doing a good job and right by the kids, but I'm determined to do all that I can and learn as much as possible. It's like... a paid internship, lol. Yeah, I think that's a good way of looking at it.

In other news, today's date was cute (10-11-12) and I was constantly hearing very different opinions and views of the VP debates, the Titans vs Steelers game, and the Yankees game. I just sigh and went to lay down- will catch up on all of the news once my mind is out of this under the weather fog.

Speaking of weather, it's been consistently fairly cool and I love it. Some sprinkling today. I think this weekend, the SO and I will treat ourselves to a dinner out, mostly so there are no dishes to do, there are tons of yummy food, and I can dress up a little as a confidence booster. It's the little things. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...