Tuesday, July 6

126. Nothing Like It

There is nothing like family, aye? Without getting into too much, I've gotten my fair share of lectures and cautionary tales in the few moments I've spent with my folks since arriving here last Tuesday night. It's kind of mind-blowing really. One of the benefits of being away for so long and being sick is that I don't have the energy to really let it get to me as it usually does. I often get so caught up in the delivery that I react very emotionally like some angsty teenager. But I knew that they are concerned in their own way and made many very valid points. There's no avoiding certain types of conflict here, lol.

Thank goodness for my baby brother, he was able to do all the chores around the house and run out and grab some recovery supplies for me. I pretty much stuck to resting as much as possible today. On whatever flat and large enough surface I could find. XD When the bed got too hot, I managed to nap on the carpeted floor for a bit. I eventually made my way downstairs to rest on the couch and eat half of a banana while attempting to watch tv, but the dog was cry and beg-stare at me wanting to join me. I barely had the energy to lift her up, let alone try to figure out how to share a loveseat with her. She loves being up on the couch, especially to cuddle with someone, but the leather gets way too warm too fast. Even then, she's too stubborn to get off on her own. She will just constantly adjust and switch spots instead. Lol, silly thing.

Honestly, today has not been fun for me by any means and I hope it's because whatever this is is on its way out. I have kind of received some good news today. I got an email with my unofficial results from a state-mandated assessment I took a month ago: I passed! Got to love waiting to hear whether you passed or failed a $105 exam. The official results are being mailed out so I'm still waiting on that just to fully breath a sigh of relief. It's one step closer to my career goals! Hooray!

That's all I can muster up today so see you tomorrow and thank you for all the get well wishes! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...