Sunday, July 4

124. Happy Independence Day!

Okay, here's theoretically the second part to my post about Cape Canaveral from yesterday! My computer is having a bit of conniption as I'm typing this and I'm trying to convert the videos to a format that my editor will accept. It's a wonderfully jolly time. It also rains every Fourth of July here and this year was no exception. I have two lovely friends here now and we're being the amazing nerds that we are and celebrating by playing around on our laptops, lol. We're not even doing the same thing, but we're talking and listening to each other. Then laughter ensues. XD

This is part of their view from the living room!

The other side. More of a wonderful view of the water.

Ta da (again)! Here's Part Two of the kayaking adventure video that I finally managed to make!

Then we paddled all the way to the little island that I showed you yesterday!

Can you spot the Rosetta Spoonbill?


Tons of pelicans and other birds were on it too!

I think that was it from the kayaking adventure. We hung out, had a good time, and then headed out the next morning back home to South Florida. Lol, I almost forgot a whole chunk of the trip (or its pictures). 
 
Cocoa Beach!
Beautiful, isn't it?

This is a quick shot of Sebastian Inlet.

On the way down, we stopped by Vero Beach to have lunch with an old friend of a friend before he left for Chicago. Good times. Oh wait! So, we ate at Bobby's. This is a classy restaurant with $90 bottles of wine and some fish dish that was $30 something. Guess what we all pretty much get?
Bacon Cheeseburger FTW!

After we get back on the road for the last leg of the trip, this is what we see. Another storm. Awesome. Lol.

Have I told you how much technology and I hate-love each other? It's become a ridiculous battle to upload these pictures and editing these videos. Hours upon hours of trying to make everything play nice with each other. This is after almost a week of not sleeping. I feel like someone is following me around and slowly sawing away at my joints. 

Anywho, I didn't want my post on the Fourth of July to be completely unpatriotic, so I found this wonderful video from one of my favorite YouTube R&B groups. Well, they are currently, lol. 

This is AHMIR doing an a capella performance of our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner:


Just beautiful.
That is all that I can stand to work on for tonight. :( Sorry! I shall have pictures and footage of the fireworks and firecrackers that we set aflame today on tomorrow's post! There's is no way I will not scrape my eyes out with a rusty spoon if I try to stay up any longer. I must be getting old. LOL! Ugh. XD See you during that time that isn't now! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...