Wednesday, July 21

141. Souletry

Sometimes updating this thing each day can feel like a total chore but I know I'll regret it in the morning if I don't get to it. Here I am trying to figure out how to lay down and type at the same time without having to do some ab/ neck crunch or burn my stomach from my overheating battery. This forsaken lingering cough does not help matters. Anyone want to lend me clean lungs for a few days?

Daytime was fairly uneventful with again hanging out with the neighbor kids pretty much each doing our own thing and half of us being bored out of our minds. Lol. I don't know how some teenagers get to adulthood without dying from boredom. We'll see what happens tomorrow with that one. I don't remember the last time I appreciated the fact that I could more or less type properly, so I don't have to have my eyes open as I type this. I will eventually look and see the mess that I've made, but I usually know when it happens thanks to my years of classical piano training, lol. No lie.

I did however end up meeting with another blast from the past. An amazing firecracker from high school that had joined the Marines and lived in Japan for two years. She and her friend picked me up and took me to the Paladium club down in... where were we? Lol. Coconut Creek? We went to their first poetry and comedy night to show support for all parties involved and I actually had a lot of fun. I had no idea what to expect, was slightly disappointed when I wasn't carded at the door (even though we were mentioning that I haven't had to do mental math since my freshman year), and heard a lot of amusing and interesting pieces.

Ha ha, I haven't heard about so much... intimacy in public in all my life. It was very South Florida and full of perspectives and cultures that I've grown up with and I had grown fond of but didn't realized I missed now that I'm trying to become a desert rat. I loved  the music, the banter, the atmosphere, and just trying to have a good time with good people. I really need to get out more often. Lmao. As much as I love sitting around, there is an entire world out there and I refuse to be a shut-in.

We really must be getting old because we left a tad early citing being just tired and having to wake up early tomorrow. Was it really just two or three years ago that I could pull a couple of all nighters without even so much as a soda in my system? Just the thought of it now makes me want to take a four hour nap.

Before I start whining about an aching back and swollen joints because of the storm that may come in tomorrow :P, I'll bid thee adieu! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...