Tuesday, July 13

133. Hilarity Or Delirium?

Yes, it was much harder to get up this morning than it was yesterday. We again got to campus half an hour early, contemplated taking a cat nap in the car, and then dragged ourselves to the dining hall to attempt to gorge on various yummy breakfast foods.

I realized that I really miss it. I miss using the waffle maker, mixing all my cereals into containers that were more deep plates than bowls, topping off my frozen yogurt even when I think I can't manage another bite. Toasting your own english muffins and bagels, grabbing fresh fruit, getting omelettes made to order, and all that other good stuff like bacon, gravy, hash browns, etc. I did my best and managed to get a bowl of Trix, Cocoapuffs, and Lucky Charms. Oh, and a banana with a glass of apple juice. I really wish I could have stuffed my face. We sat through a few more presentations together before my brother and I were separated as he was taught how to choose, check, and register for their classes. I went and sat through quite a few more presentations in a large hall classroom. One, by a representative of the Student Rec Center asked us to lift our phones into the air to see if we could possibly receive six bars of signal. Mine at the most gets four, lol. After we all tried, he laughed and thanked us for doing our aerobic exercise for the day. XD I don't know if it was the delirium, but many of us found that pretty friggin' hilarious.

Darn me for having breakfast though, because my body was all awake and functioning and I had to potty really badly in the middle of presentations at least twice. It was overall a painful process to get through today. Lol. The rep from the Career Counseling Services reasoned how the $20 fee for the deluxe services that they offer equated to $5 a month for the semester- the price of a Happy Meal. So hilarious. I think the part that I had the hardest time with, especially after how I felt at the end of yesterday, was the speech about the transition that the parents would go through in letting go of their student. Or, you know, the control and trust issues. Luckily, with the homework my brother and I did last night in terms of coming up with ideas for his Fall semester schedule, he breezed through the process and we met up earlier than expected. I think we almost cried with joy.

We picked up some goodies for my friend that was going to stop by and pick me up. She's expecting a girl in October. :D We hung out at my place for a little bit and then headed on over to her's. We decided that I'm going to sleep over tonight. I'm doing a little bit of crafting because I'm suffering major withdrawal from my crafting supplies, but that's another kettle of fish. :P I did take some pictures today, but will update this entry at a later date with those. Teehee, she has two cute kittens/ young cats here that I should snap a couple of photos of too. I'm exhausted but determined to have some good times with all my old friends on this coast. I must, must, must! I have no idea when I'll be able to visit next. However, I can't help but worry about all that is just over the horizon. Oh well, that's all from me today. :) See you tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...