Friday, July 9

129. Alligators and Chinchillas

Today, I attempted to DO something again on this "vacation" of mine. I really did not plan on spending virtually a week being sick in bed/ moping around the house looking like death. :( Not at all. I coulda done that at home! Lol.

My brother and I met up with one of my wonderful friends at the yummy Panera Bread. I'm going to assume it's yummy since my mom and my brother are mildly obsessed with it. Well, nowadays my brother eats anything and everything. Like a friggin' garbage disposal. Anywho. We got there just in time for breakfast to stop being served. Boo! But I guess that makes sense when it's noon. XD I didn't mean to show up so late, since it was supposed to be a breakfast/ brunch date, but apparently the timing was fine with the lovely Ms. K having to shoo/rescue yet another big ole bird (Was it a pigeon?) out of her screened patio area. Some birds can really be... bird-brained. Lol. Right. Food. As starving as I have become, I just had a Frozen Mango drink (which was delicious) and we chatted. By the time we were about to leave, I caved and asked my brother to grab me a blueberry bagel.

Alright. I have no idea where my common sense goes when I'm sick or just when I'm supposed to be applying it to myself. I have a sore throat and I'm going to get a rough, jagged, and hard bagel? What on earth was I thinking?! :( I crammed down the smaller half and the other half is currently in it's bag in the kitchen. We decided to figure out something else to do with how we were all already out of the house and didn't have much planned otherwise. So... off to the mall! And of course we wouldn't go to the local mall that was, I'm fairly sure, right across the street or one block down. No, no. That was too much hassle. We drove down the expressway to.... *drumroll* Sawgrass Mills! Whoa, I just looked up the link for the mall, no wonder I thought a lot of things were weird. New management and the site is really... not cohesive. Anyways, this sucker is huge. I guess they're trying to call it The Mills now. Also, I don't know why I used an exclamation point because I don't like shopping. Lol.

It was originally sorta shaped like an alligator. No lie. But with huge additions over the past few years... well... that gator has some growth coming off it's side and what could potentially be turds floating by next to it. Sorry. True. I'll try to update this post later this weekend with a good map of the place and point out what I'm talking about. We ended up spending almost five hours there today. I made away with a scrapbooking idea magazine (I'm horrible, I know), my brother got a cd, and Ms. K finally found some new sandals for the summer! Hooray! In my book, that is quite the success. So many other trips and hours spent there with no one walking away with anything. T_T

The girls may have walked 75% of the mall twice, but my poor brother who went off on his own may have walked the entire thing about three and a half times? Gah! We tried to meet up for lunch by calling and telling him we just came out of the one book store (on the other end of the mall from where we originally started and where he currently was) and were headed to the food court nearby. He went to the bookstore, shopped around, and then proceeded to go back the way he came- even further from where he started- to the main food court. Twenty-something minutes of waiting and calling back and forth and we figured out communication had severely broken down due to mall walls vs reception signal and he trekked back to meet up with us again. What a stinkin' trooper! This is the same kid who couldn't stand a 20 min car ride to anywhere or more than seven minutes in a store a few years ago. He was definitely pooped by the time we had reunited.

Oh yes, I forget to mentioned that I had had another brain fart today during lunch. Stupid appetite in me ordered tacos from Taco Bell, took one bite, and had dry coughing fits for 10 min. straight. Brilliant idea, aye? Sigh. I just want real food. *sobs*

So, we trekked back to our respective homes and rested a bit before my dad came in and let us know that the replacement lamp for our projector television set had so sweetly arrived via delivery man punting it into our garage. Okay, slight exaggeration, but dad really did walk out into the garage in time to see the guy drop it on the driveway and kick it over into our garage. That is a somewhat difficult to find and, imo, expensive piece of hardware. So, :O for shame delivery person! We never seem to get the same person often enough to develop a relationship and regular way of getting our stuff. Sometimes it's left, sometimes not. Sometimes at the front door, other the garage. Idk. It's weird. I like getting to know those people. Maybe I'm weird for expecting something friendlier and more considerate between both parties. Anways. Us kids set about installing it and it's done in about two minutes. We left it as a surprise for our folks later. They may have been dying a little inside with no television down stairs over the past week. This is despite the fact that they took the one that was in the bedroom I'm currently staying in. Lol.

Not long after that, we decided on going out to Cracker Barrel for dinner! Exclamation point was totally intended! They are big ole restaurants that are usually found near highways that have a good old country home theme to it. The walls are filled with old treasures and they always are attached to a store full of classic treats, memorabilia, and toys. Love, love, love it. Nice prices too! My folks were starting to give us updates about our cousins that my father recently went out of the country to visit. I can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow! Haven't seen them in about eight years and apparently we have a few new ones that I didn't know about. Lol, good game. Well, we had yummy dinner. Mine was relatively safe but I still could only manage to take in so much. Sigh, more sadness. Of course my brother took care of virtually all of the leftovers on the table. Afterward, I bought my brother a chinchilla! XD

I may have instilled my slight obsession with (I swear I have gotten better since moving since I so desperately want to have space for the ones I already have currently in storage!!) soft and cute stuffed animals into my brother. I'm kinda picky about my stuffed animals. I only get ones that are of creature I like, even (or especially!) if they're a little odd, and feel super soft- almost silky!- to the touch. And that includes petting and hugging. Screw that whole squeeze-a-sack-of-three-cottonballs-crock. I wanna hug them and squeeze them and maybe call them George, dammit. Lol to the Looney Tunes' Abominable Snowman creature thing reference I just made.

Well, he has gotten a few dragons from that new Webkinz thing that kids do nowadays. They are awfully cute. All from Cracker Barrel visits. I think that was his way of picking up my tradition of getting something TY from there almost every time my family ate there. On a few occasions it was a Beanie Baby, but I think usually it was a Beanie Buddy. The bigger version you can hug that is quite soft. Anyways, he liked the goofy and adorable chinchilla (that's right, my brother is not afraid to admit when something is disgustingly cute- one of the joys of having a girly older sister, I'm sure) so I got it for him. He thinks he's going to pay me back, but he is sorely mistaken. Lol. For some reason, the chinchilla is sleeping in my room tonight. I'm not quite sure how that happened, actually. XD I just realized that. Silly habits.

That was my adventure for today. It took me a few tries to finally finish today's post but it's getting easier and easier. Hopefully I'll have enough steam soon to retroactively add all the media I've wanted to include... we'll see. Until tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...