Thursday, July 8

128. Summer Spoils

My folks may offer little to no (more like the opposite of) sympathy, but that's fine because when my SO isn't around to nurse me back to health, my brother spoils me. :D It's a really good life. I know I'm not that bad, especially since I'm getting better so fast, but it's still nice not to be grilled just because you walk into the kitchen in your pajamas looking like something chewed you up and spit you back out (then stomped on you and sat on you before asking a few friends to come over and chew you up some more...). :P

The one thing that hasn't seemed to really go away much is the pressure on my chest that feels as if someone punched me in the chest and just left the fist in there for good measure. I don't often have that kind of feeling without having lungs full of phlegm to take care of. Nope, just lots of dry coughing and an invisible rock on my chest that doesn't want to budge.

Have I ever mentioned what wonderful little things icy pops are? Those really thin tubes of colorful semi-flavored ice in the plastic rows that kids fight over during the summer? Yeah. Those were re-discovered by me today thanks to my brother and I think they are Fan-flippin'-tastic. Water for hydration, flavor to cure the boredom of safe sick food, and easy clean up. I haven't coughed once while eating any. Simply heavenly. It also really makes it feel like summer.

What other kinds of yummy summer/ hot weather treats do you remember/ still love having?

Let's put our glutton-pants on and think. (Lol, I was going to say something like thinking-cap, but it doesn't quite seem to cut it!) (Warning: These are images I found at AllRecipes.com because I don't have the energy to see if I have my own archived somewhere and, as we know, they have amazing ideas!)
  Hot dogs
Juicy, plump, all-beef. Topped with some cheese and some ketchup! In the grill or over an open fire is amazing.

 
 Hamburgers
Homemade patties that are at least three times the size of any you'd find at a fast food joint. Little bit of melted cheese on top- maybe even built in! Grilled on the grill out on the patio. Medium-well or Done for me! 

 Ice cream
Enough said. Popsicles, shaved Italian ice, scoops, banana splits, sundaes just the way you like them, root beer floats, cakes with that cookie crumble middle layer, cups, cones, sprinkles, sauces, cherries on top...

Fries
Curly, waffle, sweet potato, spicy, well-seasoned, shoestring, with ketchup, with sweet'n'sour sauce, etc.

Fair Grounds Foods:
All of the above but with funnel cakes the size of your face, giant turkey drumsticks also the size of your face, colorful cotton candy that tastes so good when you can get it off your fingers, creamy and cheesy nachos, Coney Island hot dogs (because, as we know, they're a class all their own!), giant pretzels, *cough*candy*coughcough*, roasted peanuts, and deep-fried everything! Just to name a few. P: Mmm...

Quick aside, my bestie and I used to go absolutely stark raving mad when our dining hall would host a carnival theme day. It was a mind blowing and glorious tradition. I may have lost about 2.8 days off of my life expectancy each time... pretty darn tasty way of doing it!

 Gum: 
Lol. Bubblegum you have to hide from the younger kids, sour rolls you have to keep the older kids from swallowing, really unique-tasting gum that lasts a whole ten seconds, or quick little sticks that you chew on to help un-pop your ears while traveling by air. Oh! Can't forget one of the earliest attempts with gumballs that end up in hair that lead to atrocious emergency haircuts that they have to grow into/ out of by the time school starts... XD This is only picture I used Bing Image Search to find. :)


FRUITS!
Just when you think I'm a complete slob that ate my way into a hole of oblivion. :P Strawberries, oranges, bananas, apples, grapes, mangoes, pineapples, kiwis, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, more berries. In a multitude of ways and combinations! Mmm... smoothies, fruit salads, grilled skewers, or all natural. What a wonderful way to get that sweetness without any hassle!

Ugh! Can you tell that I haven't had much in the way of real food in the past few days? /grin. I know I'm forgetting a ton, but that's where you can always chime in! I love hearing about yummy foods, even if they aren't for me.

Okay, I may get yelled at about this shortly, so I'll just address it now: S'mores! I actually never had a real s'more until the SO's family took pity upon my miserable and unfulfilled existence and made some in the backyard! Omg, they are as amazing as I have always dreamed they would be! However, I have an apparent knack/ love for setting marshmallows on fire. Lol! Yes, I know one of the worst things you can do with a flaming ball of sugar is to flail (another one of my favorite past times, XD) it around to put it out because you can end up flinging it at your fellow roasters. I'm actually better than I thought at keeping that to a minimum. :D

Alright, I can't take it anymore! Ha ha, I need to stop myself now before my stomach eats me from the inside out! See you tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...