Wednesday, January 12

316. Celebration At Heart

We watched the memorial service on the news today and were pretty pleased with all of the speakers. The bone the SO and I had to pick was the incessant, interrupting, and inappropriate applause by the crowd that was there. It just goes to show that we're an anything goes place at heart with some Southern hospitality but barely any of a Northerner's manners. Sigh. Was it really too much to ask to not clap after every statement the President made? That's what an uproarious standing ovation after the speech was finished is for! :( Either way, it was a lovely memorial for all of the victims of the shooting and the community. It was very touching to see how the vigil has grown outside of the University Medical Center and uplifting to hear that Congresswoman Gabby Giffords opened her eyes for the first time today.

I've been thinking more and more of what I'd want our own place to look like. The dream home and the first place. Then, my mind went on a tangent and just had fun thinking about heavily themed rooms which I draw minimal inspiration from. That led me to starting to build a mansion in the Sims 3 game despite how poorly it runs on my laptop that will be about celebration. It's a home but has very themed areas and rooms that maybe I'll throw parties in if I ever get to finish it. There's a craft classroom, museum-gallery, office, library, fish and bug viewing rooms, art studio, public restrooms, and a garden complete with pond in the middle of the house right now. I'll be working on a gourmet kitchen, breakfast nook, and ballroom-esque dining hall/area next I think. It'll probably end up three stories tall and I think I'm going to have a adjoining gym on the property and like 5 car garage. A cabin-themed den area, cutesy rooms, probably a beach themed guest room, science-technology room, and outdoor party area with a pool.

Ambitious, I know. I just really enjoy seeing ideas getting visual representations. Any time I begin to brainstorm, I have to jot it down to get it out of my system. It's dragged me out of a nice warm bed a number of times. I realize that I'm a bit of a sick puppy. :P

Tomorrow, I'm heading into the classroom so I should probably go get ready... *takes a good look around at the mess she's made with her crafts* Ugh, that just reminded me that I have yet to completely unpack and rearrange the room to accommodate everything that I came back with. T_T Oh dear.

Don't forget to cherish life and the people and places around you. I'll see you tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...