Saturday, January 22

326. Lowered

What ever this sinus thing is has really hit me today. There's a substantial lack of mucus to eject and my joints are aching something fierce. I was helping a friend unpack and repack today and it was nice to have some adventures and while the work was not difficult, it physically was. I really get the saying: "I swear they must have lowered the floors another inch last night." Or something along those lines. Climbing in and out of the moving truck was killer and I find that ridiculous. I even joked about maybe this is why I'm such a slob when it comes to taking care of myself- maybe I subconsciously don't want to live to get that old and experience this kind of pain on a regular basis. I have that much more respect for those who have to live with those aches and pains daily for reasons that are beyond their control.

The kitties have been awfully cute lately. Well, ours has been. His cousin is still a little menace who hasn't been able to regulate his eating. He's overweight and much younger. He'll scarf up all his food in the morning and promptly lose it all over the floor nearly "unchewed". Well, I thought "unchewed" was a word but it is apparently not. However, you get the idea. To top it all off, he then is hungry again and starts to poke around/ play with/ consider re-eating said pile. Argh! We give him a little fresh food to tide him over and that's gone too from eating too fast. Really now!? That boy drives me insane. He often tries to sneak into my room where our kitty's bowl is kept to try to scarf that down too. He knows to fear his auntie in law. He Knows he's not supposed to be in here let alone doing that. He Knows there will be dire consequences. And yet, it's a nearly hexa-daily occurrence.

Going back to me being sick, I'm awfully grateful that the SO and FMIL are helping me get better. I'm content with wallowing in solitude until it passes, but I'm being checked on and having food and things brought to me. It's very touching. They are good people. Just really good people. I am ever so grateful for knowing a few good people when it feels that nearly everyone else is just rotten. I honestly just spelled that "rotton." Awesome.

On that note, I'm going to see what I can do to stay upright without my head pounding. I'll see you tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...