Sunday, April 29

Planning Again

I'm in planning mode again. Mostly.

Guess my mind can't stay quiet for very long. >_<. Starting planning out what to pack for my trip next month. I always make a list, but during my trip last summer to Florida, I've determined that it's best for me to type what I want to pack in a checklist form so I can mark what I remembered to put in and cross it off when I pack it back up to return home. This way, I minimize leaving even the smallest of items behind because I have a visual accountability plan. Of sorts. I would never be a good spy. I like to talk too much about myself and leave a trail of my personal belongings everywhere I go. Kind of like Carmen Sandiego. Or at least, her hench-people. That's not really a word, but those games were great.

In the meantime, the SO and I are also trying to plan how to celebrate FMIL's birthday this week. There are backup plans for the backup plans from the activity to the meals to the dates. It shouldn't be as stressful as it is, but there are just quite a bit of nonsense that is out of our control. We would be dumb not to multiple plans because it seems that we always need one of some sort. I'm thinking a field trip to a local natural phenomena and some make-your-own-personal-pizza buffet-style at home this weekend and on the actual day, a field trip to a specialty yarn shop for a mini shopping spree. That's the plan that we're hoping will pan out smoothly. If so, I'll have plenty of visual goodies to share too!

Sigh, I think I'll be doing a lot of mental re-organizing during my downtime while in Florida in a few weeks. I don't think life is going to slow down in the least bit until then when I have no choice but to hang around for a few hours at a time. I've really lost track of my many projects in the last two- two and a half months and that's made the clutter in my mind much worse. I've noticed that my obsessive-compulsive tendencies have flared up quite a bit recently. It's just a vicious mental vs physical environment cycle. The intense desert summer heat is just going to make it worse so I know I have to deal with most of it as soon as I get back from the other side of the country.

I probably need to stop worrying so much about it and either just get it down or relax until I can get it done. Conserve that nervous energy, lol. Yep, going to go work on that. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...