Saturday, April 21

A Silly Adventure

It has taken up most of my day, but I am finally done with my Flat Stanley project!

I came home sweaty and covered in soda, but it's done. With temps in the 90's, FMIL and I headed up to pick up a few things at the craft store before heading to the nursery. Armed with a half-charged camera and some vague ideas, we ran around exploring and snapping pictures everywhere.

We even ran into our former music teacher and her husband there. It never ceases to amaze me at how "small town" this city is all of the time. Asked random workers and customers to help us take pictures for this assignment and everyone got a kick out of our antics. There is little to no shame in our game. XD

I realized that I didn't have many pictures of Flat Stanley and I together, so of course we got a few of the two of us trying to eat fruits still on the trees. I can't wait to show the kids the different kinds of plants and textures. I did my best to not just take photos that I thought would look nice or cool, but to have a lesson/ fact/ tip behind it.

Got them sorted and developed, had grabbed some poster board at the craft store earlier, and then set about typing up my story. It took me about two hours to cut out all of the pieces and assemble it. I blame my lack of speed on lack of energy and my obsessive-compulsive tendencies flaring up this past week. Thank goodness for my Cricut Machine, paper-crafting adhesives, and what little experience I already have with good Flat Stanley scrapbooks.

Here are a few pictures from today:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...