Sunday, June 27

117. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

What a cliche title for... well, anything, right? I wanted to call today's post: Good Idea-Bad Idea in honor of the segment from the old(er) cartoon, Animaniacs. Loved them.

Today did not start off well at all (the bad news/ idea). It's been pretty hard to sleep for about two weeks now with the temperatures toying between the 100-110 range almost daily. The hottest hours seem to be right as the sun is rising too. :( We don't like cranking the evap cooler around here to try to save energy and money and all, but it gets really ridiculous really fast. We were already planning to not sleep in and go unpack some more but started off the day with the SO being bitten by a mystery critter and having a moderate allergic reaction. This is the same guy that has been stung by a bee in the chest and wonder when the pain that never came would start. He's never really had a reaction like that to any bite before so we were pretty worried. I guess the scorpion sighting the night before and the baby wolf spider a few days ago may have added to us being extra spooked. So, he did his best to rest and powered through the reaction before we started our day. I was significantly more worried about it than he was, but I usually am about those sorts of things. Silly desert rat of an SO, lol.

I did attend my Stampin' Up new Idea Book-Catalog open house today (the good news/ idea!). My lovely demonstrators had delicious homemade lemon bars, apple-cinnamon muffins, and lemonade. We ogled a tree-like display of sample cards, looked at a few of the new stamp sets and ink,

 tried to restrain ourselves from looking at the new book, 

 and made a card with some of the retiring colors. 

 I also picked up a handy and cute bag for making an order during my last event. 

Let's see if I can get the recipe for the card correct. It's an A2 size card, the base is Bordering Blue and the scalloped circle (which was made with a new punch) is Brocade Blue (I think), both of which were in the Rich Regals family and are now retired. The ink, accent piece, and gross-grain ribbon is Apricot Appeal, which was in the Soft Subtles collection and is also retired. The "happy birthday" stamp is from the new Perfect Punches stamp set (p. 131). We used an oval punch to get that perfect as well and we also pierced the card in the corner and around the scalloped circle for small extra touches. By the way, we used the Big Shot (SU's version of Sizzix's Big Kick Machine) to emboss the oh-so-classy Square Lattice texture pattern onto the yellow. So easy to figure out, especially after all the videos I've watched, and such a nice touch. Mmm... I think the time for me to hunt down a Cuttlebug grows ever nearer.

I need to stop while I'm still ahead. I actually surprised myself and didn't freak out completely over the new lines. Then, I also remembered that this is the stuff that's going to be out for at least the next twelve months! There's actually no rush at all! How bizarre. I really like how every spot in this year's catalog is full of tips and ideas. I really did not think they could add much more, but I was sorely mistaken. Lol. I can't wait to continuously pour over it some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...