Thursday, September 9

191. Carried Away

It's somewhat horrendous the times that I've found myself going to sleep. I'm slowly losing my normal sleep schedule/ timer! :( Despite tensions still running high for one reason or another, (oh. I think I just figured out what's been causing the return of my insomnia... /frown) not much conspired today until the evening.

I got a chance to spray paint! Way too much fun. We made joke about suddenly finding nearby buildings covered in spray paint, but I figured that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do so since I would either be so proud of or excited by my murals that I would go ahead and sign my name. :P It's something I would probably do because I'm a dumb dork like that. :D

Well, you saw what my ATG gun looked like yesterday. By the way, once I made yesterday's post, I thought of a bunch of more adhesives to mention. Oh well, maybe next time, lol. Here are photos of me getting a tad carried away with the spray paint!

Ha ha, my magenta pink toe nails match the old color!

A close-up of my taped off ATG, but what are those other things?

The innards that spin so I knew not to paint them.

Maybe I should have waited until I was ready to change out my tape. The large coil is what I've actually already used. I don't think it's going to last as long as I thought it would! Lol.

All done! I tried to keep the cover clear.

The back. I love the gorgeous blue color!

 Reloaded with tape and everything! Oops, you can still see some pink.

A scraping tool and bone folder that I got with my Cricut in Cricut Green.

Lol. Those other blobs were some of my Cricut tools! Now in blue. :P

Like I said, too much fun. I didn't get much on my jeans or hands and I didn't spot any blue on the rocks in the driveway. I was just so psyched after getting one side painted that I grabbed some of my tools, taped them up, and started painting them blue also while I waited for my gun to dry. I've used my ATG gun and it still works beautifully. I have to say that I am not the best taper-offer and was a little impatient. So it's definitely... homemade/ handcrafted/ imperfect, but I still love it anyways. I'll deal. Or figure out how to touch up those little spots later. :P 

I love my blue tools too! Won't get them confused with anyone else's! I'm really kind of worried about painting my Cricut now, especially after seeing the job I did with taping off parts today. Lol. There are only about two videos on YouTube showing you how, and I think that's mostly because it does void the warranty and the Cricut Expression does come in special edition colors. Bah! Maybe I'll just paint one section at a time and be super careful. Lol. I don't see how that solves anything either. 

After that, I hung out with the SO and a dear friend for a bit. I don't know what was in the water tonight because we were all especially goofy and a tad bit more obnoxious than usual. As distracting as those two are, I managed to work on the paper bag mini album about our kitty. I actually think I may have finally finished it! Actually, I didn't mean to tonight, but while I was taking pictures to post here what I've done so far, I just couldn't stand being so close that I could see the finish line. So... I have been trucking on with it. Man, that thing is very... homely. Lol. I can get a bit obsessive-compulsive/ a perfectionist sometimes, so this isn't perfect but nothing handmade is, hm? I'll just have to keep telling myself this. XD

I still love it to death though! Not only because it's so different from anything I've done thus far and the fact that the paper and concept were super cute, but it's all about our kitty!! And he is so sweet. I love him. I hope to record a video or take a million pictures to showcase it here over the next few days. Videos are still pretty daunting, especially after my 6 month blogging anniversary fiasco. /disgusted sigh. 

Anywho, I need to get to bed before I just melt into a puddle of exhaustion. See you tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...