Friday, September 3

185. Supposed To Be

Today was supposed to be an easy day! Well, straightforward. I was going to volunteer in the classroom and come home to work on the video tutorial to celebrate:

6 Months of Daily Blogging!
Hooray!

Alas, it was not to be. Just like the majority of the things I try to plan in advanced, lol. I had all my materials prepped, planned out a little outline of good pausing points in the process when I could chat and give pointers, and finally figured out how to position my camera for a half decent view. So, I proceed to do one full run in all my dorky glory and made an almost 30 minute video. Yes, that's right. Thirty minutes on how to make one paper crane. I decided to go with an origami tutorial with a side of "How to Get Your Dream Guy/ Girl" as per suggestion. Lol. I was going to split it up into installments I swear! 

(This was neglecting the fact that in order to edit my video, it would have to be converted and my converter program only takes clips that are three minutes or under. That's something I realized about half an hour ago and I started working on this project about seven hours ago.)

Technology, you will be the death of me. *knocks on wood*

I tried three computers to upload the footage from my digital camera (Not the same as a digital camcorder!) All to no avail. It's probably due to the lack of HDMI cable and the fact that my camera is a little beast for making a 30 min. film almost 2 G. Bah, I should have know better from the last time this happened back when I was visiting in Florida. It wasn't as bad as this and eventually worked and turned into my manatee and storm videos. 

So, I do another full run. It was roughly 18 minutes and filmed in two segments. Same problem. Then, I also remember that YouTube is a little picky in that it likes the ten minute videos and one my segments was 11 minutes without any of my planned additive editing.

One of the worst parts of all of this was that the Traditional Origami Crane video was one of many I had hoped to post for today! T_T Once I figure out a better way to do all of this, because the various steps I have to go through is ridiculous, I'll be posting the rest of the videos that I've planned! 

Just a hint, I'm planning another origami tutorial for a flapping crane and a flower!

Well, push came to shove and I wanted a video for today. So, I downgraded the file to the lowest settings possible, rushed my last full run before my battery died on me, and have uploaded this video with no editing. Congrats on witnessing my awkwardness in all its glory. Sorry, lol, I'm just a little sulky about today and bashful about this whole reaching out thing. :D


Like I said, if you have any questions, feel free to message me. This isn't as in depth as I would have liked to make it.

How to get a Square from 8.5"x11" Paper:

 Take the side that I'm pointing to and align it to...

... the side that I'm pointing to here.

Cut off the bottom rectangle to get a square!

Yes, the relationship advice is me being totally honest. And yes, I had talked about all of those tips during my initial video that didn't make it. :( You guys better love me for making one of the most random crafting videos ever. Lol. 

I need to go to bed. Three hours of sleep is a terrible, terrible thing. See you tomorrow and thank you so much for sticking by me or joining in on this simple but quirky adventure. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...