Friday, February 17

A Slip Up

Sort of.

Remember how I said I wasn't going to go as plant-parent-crazy as I did last year? I'm still not going to do that but as the SO and I ran some errands today, I did get two more things to add to the garden area. This should be it for this year though! Mostly because I don't have much room for anything else. XD

I'm trying hard to think of vegetables that we often buy therefore use in everyday cooking because all we ended up with last year were a bunch of tiny sweet cherry tomatoes for personal-sized salads and way too many little super spicy chili peppers. Not exactly versatile. I'm trying again with rapid-growth leaf lettuce and more actual tomatoes for salads and the two new types of peppers because those are commonly found in Mexican recipes that we've seen on PBS and we're a big fan of those. Well, at least the SO is and he hardly asks for anything.

Took another step in that direction by grabbing some beans and peas today! Meant to just a few screws for a duct vent cover and some plant food that I could mix into my watering can to really give the plants a jump start. If there are seeds sold at any store, I always feel compelled to check out their selection now. XD I don't know why I haven't tried these out before. They seem very quick and easy to grow. Besides carrots, those are two of the most common vegetables you can find in the freezer. Duh. It's a bush variety of beans and heat-tolerant/ resistant peas. We need all of the help we can get here and with me, lol.

It rained again today (just rain) so I haven't been able to try out the new mixable plant food yet. I did plant the beans and peas using two tomato cages I had leftover when they were outgrown last year. I can't wait to see something/ anything good happening in the garden a week from now! I had to move some of the little herb pots forward in order to fit these additions. Here's the garden area now:

 Beans then Peas in two medium blue pots in the middle.
The update from yesterday. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...