Saturday, February 4

Simple Celebration

Today is the SO's birthday, so I'm going to make this a quick one. ^_^

Here is a stack of cards I made a few weeks ago that I absolutely adore. I got the idea from another SU! demonstrator and changed the color scheme to some of the limited edition colors that I really like using. Its the same stamp set that I got for free because of an annual special event (every $50 = free gift!) but I didn't have a big selection of ribbon in my personal inventory. Instead, I used my texture embossing folders on scraps of paper to make faux ribbon. Don't mind the butterflies, just covering up my signature. : )





I also took some pictures of the process of embossing the stamp images in the background using a Versamark (watermarking) ink pad, clear embossing powder, and my heat gun. It's really cool to see the change in texture and color when the powder melts. Silver is fun to watch too.


I think they turned out so well that I'm preparing to make a bunch more to add to my somewhat outdated stash soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...