Wednesday, March 24

022. Just Can't Quit

I'm still in the midst of making important personal decisions, but enough of that for now! Lol. The internet is quite addicting but it's more my love of exploring that drives my psychological need for it, I think. Well, when I'm feeling like a homebody and just want to curl up in a warm corner with something simple like drawing or writing, I want nothing to do with my computer. Otherwise, I'm physically attached to technology. : )

This brings me to my desire to learn graphic design, web design, and about digital scrapbooking! I've always had a hankering for animation and my internet addiction makes it an almost obvious segue. Sigh, when I get the rest of my education and finances in order, I'll def pick up a few classes. There's only so much I can teach myself, I do a bit better with guidance. However! Digi Scrapping (I may or may not have just made up that slang term, lol) is something I think I can definitely pick up myself! It seems a bit more tangible in terms of being within my current means to pursue. I've added a lot blogs that touch upon it that you can check out too! Those people seem so cheerful, it's a nice pick me up to read and look at what they've created.

That blurb leads me to the fact this March is National Craft Month! Yes, I realize that the month of March is almost over but this enthusiasm still counts, confound it! Teehee. I can't say much about it since I haven't partaken in any yummy sales, yet. /devious grin. Oh, I will. I so will. Soon. I hope. Lol.

But that made me wonder what else the month of March means for people. Well, I went and found out! Here are some things, according to Wikipedia, Bizarre American Holidays, & Brownielocks and The 3 Bears.

The Month of March is also known as:
National Nutrition Month
Foot Health Month
Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig Month
*American Red Cross Month*
National Furniture Refinishing Month
Humorists Are Artists Month
*Women's History Month*
National Caffeine Awareness Month
National Cheerleading Safety Month
*Irish-American Heritage Month*
National On-Hold Month
Play the Recorder Month
*National Eye Donor Month*
*Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month*

They even get into weekly observances! Here are some:

- Week 1: Nat'l Ghostwriters Week, Nat'l Procrastination Week, Returned the Borrowed Books Week, and Nat'l Write a Letter of Appreciation Week.
- Week 2: Iditarod Race, Celebrate Your Name Week, Telecommuter Appreciation Week, Nat'l Pet Sitters Week, and Nat'l Sleep Awareness Week. 
- Week 3: Nat'l Poison Prevention Week and Act Happy Week
- Week 4: Nat'l Cleaning Week, Root Canal Awareness Week, and Week of Solidarity with People's Struggling Against Racism & Discrimination.

Some of my favorite, lesser known holidays listed were:
March 1st = Beer Day. Pig Day. Peanut Butter Lover Day.
March 3rd= National Anthem Day.
March 6th = National Frozen Food Day.
March 8th= Be Nasty Day.
March 9th= Panic Day.
March 13th= K-9 Veterans Day.
March 14th= Pi Day.
March 18th= Awkward Moments Day.
March 23rd= Nat'l Puppy Day.
March 24th= Kick Butts Day. Nat'l Chocolate Covered Raisins Day.
March 31st= Bunsen Burner Day.

That is kind of awesome and bizarre at the same time. I think we need more days and months. Or less things to worship. I mean that in the nicest way possible. I love junk. Lol. /cower. Don't hurt me overstuffed closet!

The tutorial I wanted to make will be post tomorrow! Yay! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...