Monday, October 4

216. Back From Pasture

Well, it looks like I'm back from virtual retirement. I've text-talked to more people today than in a long while, lol. But before I talk more about that, I have to say that I am currently enjoy one of the most ghetto recipes I've ever made.

My mom would be the first to tell you that I am by no means culinarily-inclined. Yes, I just totally made up that term because I cannot think of a better one right now. XD Well, I honestly have difficulties boiling water from time to time. I am trying though! Kinda. Sorta. Maybe... Then, any one of my friends that lived with me during my college years can attest to that. I tried then too!

I think some of the worst times I've had dealt with Kool-aid. I've made plenty of it in the large pitchers at home with my folks, but there was once in the dorms that I tried to make one of those little packets. Yeah... I did not read how much water it was meant for and let's just say it was undrinkably strong and that I took a big ole swig of it. Yes, I did just make up another term. I am on a roll tonight! I screwed up again the following year when we didn't have regular sugar to add and I thought confectioner's sugar would be an ingenious substitute. I was so incredibly wrong.

Well, this time, I was a lot more careful but still pretty... creative with the recipe, lol. I have been craving this recipe so badly lately. So, I made a mini version. Same bowtie (Farfalle) pasta just less of it, only about a quarter of the cheese, a tiny cute can of tomato sauce, and instead of seasoned bread crumbs, I smashed up a bunch of saltine crackers. To top things off, I sprinkled on some Parmesan. Oh, and instead of baking it, I nuked it a couple of times in the microwave.


It looks good enough and still tastes great so... I'm okay with this abomination! XD Nom nom nom.

Mmk, back to the other story. I was/ am a guild leader. Guilds range from being run like a rag-tag band of renegades to a well-oiled and ruthless corporate machine. For the majority of the five or so years of playing World of Warcraft, I've been involved in a guild to the point of having some sort of... authority, I guess. I co-founded a guild over three years ago. It's been primarily run like a small family that didn't mind terribly if you had friends over and everyone was going in and out. We did have some rules about not cheating nor being a jerk but I honestly cared about and for everyone that came through the doors.

Activity more or less petered out last December. I had put many man hours into setting up websites, forums, fan pages, group pages, a voice server, and more. I put even more hours worrying myself over virtual and actual details surrounding the game and the people I've gotten to know. Heck, I've gone as far as to meet some of them in real life. I put a lot of myself out there online because I have found it's easier not to put up fronts or lie or hide behind a façade. I can use that energy to worry about other things. :P

I guess the main issue is not so much having enough time, but more of desire. How much of a glutton for punishment am I willing to be again? Sigh. I just need to think about it some more, but in the meantime, I can drown my virtual sorrows in the Brewfest festivities! You know it's serious when there's a rendition of Oktoberfest. Lol.

See you tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...