Thursday, May 13

072. Tumultuous Waters

To start things off, I just want to say that I got absolutely no sleep last night. And I have no idea as to why. Needless to say, I felt increasingly terrible as the day went on. No groceries today :( I was really looking forward to getting more stamps and mailing out more cards.

I pretty much tried to study today after prepping the big project for the last week of class: travel journals for the kids! They'll get to choose which color cover they want, fill in a page or two of drawings of past trips they've taken, and, by the end of the week, my beloved Cricut will make it's classroom debut and we're going to have the kids choose an image to piece together and adhere to their books to make it uniquely theirs. I'm beyond excited for all parties involved.

There is tons of... well, drama happening with all the schools (I'm sure this problem extends across the nation and/or world) concerning drastic budget cuts and shut downs of programs and facilities. The atmosphere was quite tense and apprehensive. Employees are often being bullied into early retirement, monetary incentives are being offered to teachers to switch from their current/ comfort zones into areas and specializations with dire need, and newer teachers are being fired or not even hired. It's... the world of education as it has been for ages. People are trying to force a business model onto something that should not be business. It's quite intriguing to study the history of how formal education as we know it today in America. It has always been a mess. Surprisingly enough, all I can say is: bring it. I know I'm going to do the best darn job I can given the circumstances and obstacles. The kids deserve better than any of this adult nonsense and utter prideful, arrogant, selfish, ignorant, and greedy actions and behaviors.

That all aside, there are some pretty darn good seeds in the bunch. People who do their best, wear a million hats exceptionally well, and are probably the closest thing to ideal. And guess what, a few are in the bunch that are retiring after this school year. /facedesk. Biting my tongue to avoid further ranting- I'm making a few cards:


Masculine- feminine much? Lol. We also received other bad or not so great news today, so yeah, rough waters indeed. Feeling pretty bad right now, so until tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...