Monday, May 31

090. Memorial Day [Weekend]

First off, let me say that I am forever grateful for the honorable men and women who have served to give, ensure, and protect all of the freedoms I have. I also know that when a soldier goes to war, a family goes to war. I extend my gratitude, condolences, support, and strength (which ever is applicable) to them as well. It takes a tremendous amount of love and sacrifice for all parties involved. An old friend had to recently receive her boyfriend's body last week in our hometown. I caught a news clip of the family, veterans, active military, police and fire department seeing the casket be taken off the plane. I cannot imagine the sorrow they feel for that young Marine. They are all in my prayers. RIP Patrick Xavier.

I hope that everyone had a safe holiday weekend and took the time out to thank those that have fought, whether they are with us or not anymore, and their families. It's not your long awaited day off of work, your break from studying for finals at school, or just another long weekend that you can booze away and do stupid stuff to yourself. Those things are all  possible because of the lives that have been lost or damaged and you would do best to remember that and respect that.

Speaking of, the SO, his brother, and I went to pick up their father at the airport today. He is a vet that had spent the past few days undergoing a Native American ritual in preparation for the Sun Dance this summer. It's very intense and elaborate and I don't believe I could do it justice by trying to describe it here. We brought a mini- care package with us of food, water, and a small US flag that was made in the good ol' US of A. You don't think about that very often, but I do believe that if you're going to buy something and take into consideration where it's manufactured, to make sure that our own flag was made here. We thought we somehow lost or missed him when it didn't list whether the flight had arrived or not. After some time waiting we went to check the displays again and it had disappeared. Luckily, a PA announcement was made about the flight and we hunted him down.

D'oh!
(Our kitty's cousin by relation napping earlier today.)

I think I forgot to mentioned earlier this week that my store is being featured on a lovely website! My Cerebral Palsy- Cystic Fibrosis Awareness bracelet is now being featured by Elegantly Served Parties. Again, I can always customize a bracelet for almost any cause and add a donation of $5 to a related charity. They are hosting parties to raise awareness for Cystic Fibrosis and it's an honor to keep spreading the word.

Tomorrow is the big crafting day for FMIL and I with our first Stampin' Up workshop. Sigh, only I would wake up early to go crafting. Correction, I guess I have coerced her into doing that with me. Regardless, we're both very excited. I think it's two cards and a craft project so I can't wait to show you pictures of that. We also got down to business today and finished creating an origami mobile together. You can check out one that I've made here at my shop. They are forever tedious, no matter how much I try to prepare in advanced, but I do enjoy making them. I enjoy enjoying them after it's all said and done even more. It should be all dry and ready to be photographed by tomorrow, so I'll snag a picture of it then for you to see. : )

I know I recently mentioned getting back to a little bit of scrapbooking again. Here are a few plain pics about that:

The cover to our original scrapbook that is still a work in progress.

This is the cover to the album I recently purchased. It will be the sequel.

I didn't even plan for them to match in terms of color scheme. Florals seem to be so "In" right now that it was hard to find a simplistic but decorative gender-friendly, etc. Anyways, the more I look at it, the more I fall in love with the latest one. I already love the first one. I think I'm morally obligated to because not only did we pick it out together (from the choices we were presented with) but we've put so much hard work into it, lol. I have to. I just think it's cool that they ended up matching in their own way. 

Well, I'm sure I'll think of something to talk about tomorrow. I pointed out to the SO that today was my 90th daily blog post(!) and he asked if I was doing something special for my 100th. It's a good thought and I need to dwell upon it a little. I definitely want to. Maybe a little giveaway for the few people that I know regularly read my ramblings. I shall dwell upon it! : ) 

Until tomorrow, <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...