Friday, May 21

080. The Hunt For The Ultimate Spork

I'm not sure why I haven't thought about this in depth before, but sporks are pretty wonderful things, aren't they? They are the best of both worlds with the scooping power of a spoon but the digging and ripping power of a fork. Actually, there's a general consensus in the household that a good plastic spork is stronger/ more hurtful than a plastic fork, hands down. With it's pointed tips and sturdy triangle shape on top of the stability offered by it's spoon parts, they have much more staying power.

I'm not quite sure how exactly it was brought up. We did touch upon its uses in a prison setting. Well, the point we were focusing on was the fact that we have only witnessed the might of a plastic spork. After a bit of research, not only did I find out that there are such magical creatures as a rubber and wooden sporks, but that there is, /gasp, "the holy grail of sporks". The Titanium Spork! Dun-dun-dun! It's not rare or expensive by any means, it's just purely awesome. We also found sets of affordable stainless steel sporks so that the everyday average person can have a collection of metal sporks to show off. :D Ebay likes to call them "Stainless Steel Foldable Camping Fork Spoons". Apparently, "metal sporks" was not a good enough search term. It just keeps getting better and better, lol.

On another note, today was the last day for the kids in our class. I'm sure you're well aware of this if you've perused my posts for the past few days. I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have hoped because I was cranking out pages of pictures and labeling them each with captions for each child before they went home. We had a last minute substitute aide come in on the day she was organizing two talent shows that shared the same space as the school art exhibit for the same evening. During their art time, the kids glued glitter on paper stars that decorated the cafeteria wall. Sooo messy. I'm a fan of sheen, sparkles, and shimmer, but not glitter. Yes, there's a difference. Glitter is one of the few things that I believe would survive a catastrophic apocalyptic disaster. Other things include glow-in-the-dark cockroaches and Twinkies. So, since we took her away at the last minute from all her last minute responsibilities, I wanted to pay it forward. I volunteered to help hang up the stars and ended up ushering and supervising the performers once they were done with their acts until it was time for the final curtain call. They were really cute acts and ideas that the kids came up with themselves. One show was put on for several of the classes, some of the parents, and employees right after lunch and another was put on for all the families and parents earlier this evening. There were comedy acts, dances, jump rope routines, singers, poetry recitations, and a group act I didn't get to catch because I was watching the kids backstage. One of the resource teachers, who has done me huge favors very the very short time we've known each other, sang a song to/ for the kids since it was going to be his last year with them. It was very touching. I made it back just in time to say goodbye to the afternoon class. I may have teared up a little but you don't want to freak out the kids when they weren't terribly distraught over moving on to kindergarten, transferring schools, or merely leaving for the summer. I'm going to miss each and every one of those tykes.

I'm so drained that I have no idea what I have planned for this weekend. I hope I either remember soon or that it's not a complete disaster that I'm forgetting. /frown. We'll see. Well, until tomorrow, <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...